air con fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con fan not working

Hi thanks for all the help with my baffled problem..that seems to be sorted..Now I am trying to sort out the the other problem the air con...the fan died one day and i thought it may be related to my other problem, but no.. anyway have i missed something? the air con button doesnt light up and no fan runs its totaly dead.. I have checked all the fuses behind glove box and did a meter check on them they all have continuity, Tony replaced the 2 relays from another truck for me. is there anything else I could check. is there anything else behind the dash board?...thanks

Shiny

Out of gas?

Comment

youre.... a winner!

i bet your right vince
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        youre.... a winner!

i bet your right vince
        10p?

Mine's got no gas in and it still does everything other than go cold.

Comment

thanks

Hi thanks for your comments but shurly the fan has to work even if it is out of gas..it was working and very cold before the fan and the aircon button stoped working.. looking on the site i saw a thred saying the expansion valve had gone behind dash could it be this? and if so does anyone have a picture of what it looks like..

Thanks Shiny

Comment

If the gas is depleted, rather than just low, the aircon refuses
            to run as protection. You say you have checked the fuses
            actually sited behind the glovebox?

Comment

air con thanks

Hi yes have checked all fuses but my point would be that if aircon is out of gas would it stop the ordinary mode heater working???...I could hotwire the aircon straight from battery I have tried this and it starts up and can hear fan whirling I could use this till I sort it out Thanks for help Shiny

Comment

The standard heater will still work Hot / cold and blowers. If the air-con gas has run out, it prevents the compressor from starting 'cos there would be no lubrication for it.

Comment

thanks

Thanks bushwacker this is my point.. the fan does not work at all, so it may not be gas but an electrical problem.
                  Is there a way of checking the 2 relays for the AC outside of the truck aircon unit? in other words can i do a bench test on the relays?

Cheers Shiny

Comment

Which fan are you referring to?

Comment

thanks

Hi matt Thanks I am refering to the fan that would work the heater/blower..put it this way if one had no AC at all one would still have a heater that worked in the cab..so not only does my AC not work but also the cab heater fan does not work..hope I have explaned this ok..

Cheers Shiny

Comment

Does the rear fan work, in the centre console?

Comment

Working...
                        X