It don't go ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It don't go ? ?

Just bought a Hilux Surf 2.4TD fromTokyo Cars in Liverpool (K reg).
    Drove it back to Aberdeen. And it hasnt started since ! !

There is a toggle switch just below the key ignition which I played with - may be part of the alarm ? Anyway the car wouldnt start again. Turned out one of the batterys was knackered - bought a new one wired it in and the fuse blew - 15 amp "dome" fuse ?????

Anybody got any ideas why it wont go ?

the toggle switch you were playing with is probably the fog light switch mate. you tried ringing the dealer and asking him?
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Tokyo Cars are making the right noises - but arent interested in doing anything.

I've got an electrical bloke coming out on thursday .....

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by badger_badger
        Just bought a Hilux Surf 2.4TD fromTokyo Cars in Liverpool (K reg).
        Drove it back to Aberdeen. And it hasnt started since ! !

There is a toggle switch just below the key ignition which I played with - may be part of the alarm ? Anyway the car wouldnt start again. Turned out one of the batterys was knackered - bought a new one wired it in and the fuse blew - 15 amp "dome" fuse ?????

Anybody got any ideas why it wont go ?

Check the fuses down by the gas pedal.
        Disconnect both batteries for 20 mins to reset the engine ECU.
        The dome fuse is the interior lights.

Comment

Excuse the silly question, but it's nothing to do with having an immobiliser that you haven't switched off?

Just a thought.

Comment

when you say wont start?

is ignition/starter motor cranking at all?
            are dash lights coming on when key in ignition and one turn?

where in aberdeen are you out of interest?
            Landcruiser Colorado
            Sub. Forester

Comment

I'll check the fuses.

Absolutely nothing is happening, when I turn the ignition key - I dont even get a flicker from the battery volts indicator on the dashboard. and the engine doesnt turn over at all, not even a clicking or erm or ewt

The 'alarm' system is a firstop one - I've found a box above the brake pedal under the dashboard trim, it has a compartment in with two switches - I've put these to off - maybe I'll try putting them to on !

I'm in Newmachar.

$$$$$$ irritating being useless with cars !

Comment

Originally posted by badger_badger
                I'll check the fuses.

Absolutely nothing is happening, when I turn the ignition key - I dont even get a flicker from the battery volts indicator on the dashboard. and the engine doesnt turn over at all, not even a clicking or erm or ewt

The 'alarm' system is a firstop one - I've found a box above the brake pedal under the dashboard trim, it has a compartment in with two switches - I've put these to off - maybe I'll try putting them to on !

I'm in Newmachar.

$$$$$$ irritating being useless with cars !

Deffo sounds like a problem with your immobiliser that you don't understand. Just ask the dealer how they started it?
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Sounds just like the problem I had a couple of days after I purchased my Sports Rider.
                  Toyota installed alarm/remote system, came home one night and must have inadvertantly caught the imobiliser switch, (at that time didn't know it had one). Next morning nothing! No lights, no clunk, nothing. Long story short. Got the previous owner round and he showed me where the switch is. Seen as I am 6,000 miles away I will tell you where it is: Toyota (Thailand) put mine under the gear lever shroud, invisible, you have to feel for it with your finger. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X