ebay radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay radiators

been looking on ebay for rads and found this one, BUT, is it possible for it to be compatible with both autos and manuals?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Originally posted by logey79
    been looking on ebay for rads and found this one, BUT, is it possible for it to be compatible with both autos and manuals?
    Don't think so! Unless it's the auto one, and if it's fitted to a manual it'll just not use the atf part?

I go by the reasoning, that if the seller doesn't know what he's on about, I steer clear!!!
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

I go by the reasoning, that if the seller doesn't know what he's on about, I steer clear!!!
      same here. there are a few selling so called autos/manual compatibles, its really annoying because not everyone has the luxury of a site like this to help them out and rely on vendors' knowledge that what they are selling is a correct part for their particular make/model of car.

just thought i'd double check as it didn't seem right to me either, cheers.

Comment

Yes it is a auto rad so for use on a manual truck the atf cooler pipes are not used.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

so how does that work then, just block the atf pipe?

Comment

No need to block them if you have a manual as it is a pipe running through the bottom of the rad ( basically like an indirect cylinder you have for your hot water indoors) acts as a heat exchanger.
            If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

so i could simply plumb it straight into my manual surf and not worry about the atf pipe at all?

has anyone got an auto rad on their manual and if so any problems?

Comment

I dout very much that you will have a problem, but if yours is broke, why not get it re-conned? It must only be about £80
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

think i will actually, seeing as looks apart the thing's functionong perfectly at the moment but i was just going to get it all done while its off the road now so that its not something that needs to be worried about later. given the temps of past couple days its just pushed me into definately sorting it, nearly the entire bottom half cores are missing so i'm a bit surprised i've had no problems with it yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X