£5000 Cylinder Head Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £5000 Cylinder Head Update!

Firstly i just want to thank everyone for the advice and posts and especially the people who took the time to send me the invoices they have been printed off ready for small claims court should we need them.

Situation so far is that the car has finally been released after a strong letter from us and we had it towed to another gargae for a second opinion.Unfortunately it seems that the oil pump failed and caused the engine to seize up something i am told is nothing to do with the replacement of the cylinder head etc.jst a terrible coincidence.Anyway once we have a second opinion confirming this i think we are going to sell the car as a non-runner.we have been offered £1000 for it from a garage who probably just want it for parts it has all the new cylinder head,exhaust etc and recaro seats.

we have sent a recorded delivery letter to the garage stating that we do not accept the price paid for the work and and we paid under protest purely to get the vehicle back.we are asking for a partial refund or we will take them to small claims court as we now have evidence of nearly a dozen other invoices all of which are at least 50% of what we have been charged.They have 10 days to respond so i will keep you all up to date.thanks again,Kate

good luck kate, shame about the oil pump
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I dont think its a coincidence, when an engine overheats badly it puts a lot of stress on other moving parts of the engine and the oil becomes very thin which could knock out the big ends, the garage who done the repair should have warned you of this. On a plus side £1000 is a lot of money for a dead surf.
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Is it possible that the garage dropped head gasket shavings into the oil galleries whilst cleaning the block, causing a blockage/oil starvation? Just a thought.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Working...
        X