halfords air con gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halfords air con gas

hi,has anyone used this, is it any good?
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

looks like it is......
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23776

Comment

so this will not work on the early ones then?

Comment

nope...........but we dont know what you got cos you avent filled your details in your profile

Comment

I run a garage so it would be pointless showing one model of surf in my profile, but i thought everyone would understand what an early surf was?

Comment

You could still detail the vehicle in question in your post, it would be helpful.
            "An early one" is a very subjective statement, as a garage owner I'm sure you would not quote for work on an car based on such a statement, you would want a little more info so that you can best offer your help. Its no different here.
            To some owners of late model 3rd Gens for example, an early one might mean a 2nd Gen (as many have never seen a 1st gen) and a 2nd gen could use either R12 or R134a as a refrigerant depending on its year, so "an early one" becomes meaningless.

And anyway, we wouldn't know you run a garage either, as your profile has the bare minimum of details in it.
            The profiles are there for good reason. This forum is a community, knowing a little about the other members promotes the community element and helps strengthen and grow the forums.
            Last edited by Morr; 13 June 2006, 09:45.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

mate of mine bought this (the £40 quid bottle) to gas up his pajero. Worked brill for about 2 days then all gas leaked out as it was the leaking seals that caused the problem in the first place.

If you are in any doubt as to why your aircon gas has vanished it's worth getting it tested by a professional before you spend away.

Around us there is a company (2 man band) working under the air-medic franchise & they do a test & re-gas for £65 inc vat

just thought I'd mention it

ta

hawaii
              I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

hmm, must look into this later as my air-con doesnt seem cold enough. The gararge where i done my apprenticeship has a machine, i wounder if they will let me play around with it>?
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Thanks for your replys,morr or maurice i am sorry for not being an anorak, i have found out that the change over year from r12 was 1993, and the easy way to find is if it has valves on the air con that look like tyre valves then it was r12, and the halfords kit will not work

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                    mate of mine bought this (the £40 quid bottle) to gas up his pajero. Worked brill for about 2 days then all gas leaked out as it was the leaking seals that caused the problem in the first place.

If you are in any doubt as to why your aircon gas has vanished it's worth getting it tested by a professional before you spend away.

Around us there is a company (2 man band) working under the air-medic franchise & they do a test & re-gas for £65 inc vat

just thought I'd mention it

ta

hawaii
                    be very carefull as this is a job for professionalls, usually a local fridge engineer will do it for the price of a few pints/fags, the system should be vaccumed out then charged then leak checked then toped up
                    i dont think halfaurds and the like will be selling these for long due to the potentail dangers involved, and the way the world is turning regards to law suits
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                    X