air con removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con removal help

does anybody have a list with pics of all the components that make up the air con system?

i want it all taken out and know naff all about squat.

basically does the air con connect to any other components vital to the motors running and what needs to be disconnected/reconnected during the process.

cheers in advance guys and girls.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

I think Vince was intending to post some pics a while ago. Don't
    think he ever got round to it, though. May be worthwhile giving
    him a nudge.

Comment

1st gen is different to 2nd gen . Sumo , TonyN and me have removed our A/C from our 1st gens . Take the grille off and the condesor is in front of the coolant rad . Get the A/C drained first .Then you can disconnect the pipes from the bulkhead where they enter the engine bay and work your way forward towards the pump.Took me about 1/2 hour but I got a 4 cylinder petrol lump in mine . The 2.4 diesel is a bit trickier as the pump is by the steering and the bolts are more hidden .It is fiddely getting the pipes out from the front panel but if you dont want them anymore then just bend them to get them out .
      We have left the unit in behind the dash as this is a major pain to remove and I think is connected to the heater box aswell .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

cheers Rick, so it is as easy as that then! i didn't think it was too tricky but i've been badly mistaken before when i thought a job looked simple and it's gone tits up. cheers for the assurance.

i've just done a 2" body lift but forgot to take any pics for a before and after comparison, but the difference is amazing, it really looks alot cooler now. i think i can feel that mod bug coming on....

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
          i've just done a 2" body lift but forgot to take any pics for a before and after comparison, but the difference is amazing, it really looks alot cooler now. i think i can feel that mod bug coming on....
          Mine b4 and after suspension lift .Went up by 5" , but only fitted a 3" kit !!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Mine b4 and after suspension lift .Went up by 5" , but only fitted a 3" kit !!
            err...is that coz you done the leafs on the back too?

my arse aint sagging yet! mind you while relocating the rad after doing lift did notice that it could do with replacing, so here's the next question - is the rad the same as a 2nd gen manual gearbox one without the cap on top or is it altogether different?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
              err...is that coz you done the leafs on the back too?

my arse aint sagging yet! mind you while relocating the rad after doing lift did notice that it could do with replacing, so here's the next question - is the rad the same as a 2nd gen manual gearbox one without the cap on top or is it altogether different?
              You need to ask Sumo or Chrisinflight as mine is different to yours as its petrol .

Comment

Working...
              X