cylinder head on the way out ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head on the way out ??????

bought it 3 months ago,just imported,had to have a new rad straight away,this last week it has started to fill the header tank to overflowing.oil and coolant look clean.looks like it has had a new coolant filler cap recently.have i got the dreaded 2.4td cracked head syndrome ??
    ...and the warranty has just ran out.........
    any ideas and where to get a new head ?
    many thanks
    Paul
    ,92 2.4td auto

it is quite possible that your thermostat is stuck mine did that, so i changed thermostat & the rad cap. its fine now
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
      bought it 3 months ago,just imported,had to have a new rad straight away,this last week it has started to fill the header tank to overflowing.oil and coolant look clean.looks like it has had a new coolant filler cap recently.have i got the dreaded 2.4td cracked head syndrome ??
      ...and the warranty has just ran out.........
      any ideas and where to get a new head ?
      many thanks
      Paul
      ,92 2.4td auto
      Check the Rad cap first, but I'd also get a pressure test on the coolant system.

www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk is the ploace to go for a new head if you want one, they seem to offer the best deal for a new head complete with all valves, camshaft etc.

Cheers

Comment

cracked head syndrom

What year was the head design changed to stop the problem of cracked and warped heads, if it ever was rectified, asking because i am looking to buy my first surf and want to make the right choice.
        Cheers
        Marty
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mazzerman
          What year was the head design changed to stop the problem of cracked and warped heads, if it ever was rectified, asking because i am looking to buy my first surf and want to make the right choice.
          Cheers
          Marty
          Affected 2.4s, so far no reported problems on the 3.0s. It didn't affect all 2.4s but there is no sure way of telling, unless the person/dealer you buy it from can prove it has had a NEW head fitted.
          Of course if you can pick up a 2.4 well within your budget then you will have some cash incase the head goes.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Phewww

Thats a relief, thanks Koi, i was only looking at 3.0ltrs anyway so i can breath again.
            [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X