Power steering Belt tensioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering Belt tensioning

My belt is loose and steering is judering. has anyone adjusted their belt. Is there an easy way to access it or do I just squeeze behind the rad to loosen the pivot and adjuster bolt.
    Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Originally posted by Vin
    Is there an easy way to access it or do I just squeeze behind the rad to loosen the pivot and adjuster bolt.
    That's the way to do it. Check the condition of the bolts as they sometimes have a habit of breaking.

Nev

Comment

belt tensioner

When I did my belt last month, I found it was best to use a nice 3/8th drive ratchet with a wobble bar and the right size socket.
      Slacken off the pivot bolt, adjust your ratchet to tighten, use a screwdriver or a decent spanner to lever the pump away from the block, (take care not to damage the hose or fitting), then quickly nip up the piviot bolt. Job done.
      Check tension same as altenator belts, by twisting and checking you can only twist it 90 dgrees.

Comment

the bolt that holds the tension on my power steering pump broke and disappeared... anyone know the specs for a replacement bolt?

Keegan

Comment

All I can tell you, is that it's a metric thread.

Comment

Working...
          X