Euro Tour of Garages/Mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Tour of Garages/Mechanics

we've been touring Europe now since January in the 2.4. On a cold winter morning (-16celcius) in Hannover we took off down the autobahn with the commuters and suddenly the windscreen was coated in brown ice. the radiator had blown and the water had frozen on contact with the windscreen, bad news, cracked head. 10days later, several phone call to roughtrax, an RAC funded replacement micra, and a few quid lighter we're on the road again. got the old steamy window sensation and had a look in the footwells, flooded .... another call to roughtrax and a friendly garage in Prague, we're heated again and can see out the windows. on a recent trip to vienna i noticed we were being overtaken by trucks. Now we are suffering lack of turbo green light does not come on, i can hear the turbo whistle but a distinct lack of power. i have looked through all the threads and seen with interest the bypassing of the pressure switch. however my turbo set up looks different as i have the 2LTE version. has anyone worked out how to solve this problem? we are stuck in prague where beer is 38p a pint so no great rush
    Last edited by GJ_ok; 26 May 2006, 10:11.

Have you made sure the pipes to sensor are OK, it goes into the inlet manifold in the throttle flap houseing, up to a filter that clips to the side of the thottle housing then over the the sensor on the side of the air filter box.

The pipe can get blown off the manifold fitting if the filter gets blocked.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yeah, all pipes seem to be in place and one of them is sucking like a dyson. i forgot to mention that just before we lost the turbo, we were hammering the old girl on the motorway as we were running late. wonder if i pushed her too hard?

Comment

Originally posted by GJ_ok
        yeah, all pipes seem to be in place and one of them is sucking like a dyson. i forgot to mention that just before we lost the turbo, we were hammering the old girl on the motorway as we were running late. wonder if i pushed her too hard?
        Did you get a red overboost or fault light?
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

not that i noticed although i could have missed it. certainly not on constant. both lights still work on ignition...
          Last edited by GJ_ok; 27 May 2006, 15:19.

Comment

thanks for the help....
            i took it all apart today and soaked it some chemical i bought in the local DIY store. not sure what it was though anyway, took the bits up to the garage and blasted it with some air. put it back together and hey presto!! we're flying again, (keeping up with Skodas anyway)

Comment

Working...
            X