Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fan Testing

Hi everyone!!
    Just a quick one, can anyone tell me a quick way of testing the electric fan?
    I know there are 2 relays, but I'm wondering whether I can make the fan come on irrespective of engine temperature. Don't ask why!!!! Need to know! Planning heavy job and have doubts over whether fan is working!
    Cheers everyone, look forward to your replies.

Originally posted by chuggabug
    Hi everyone!!
    Just a quick one, can anyone tell me a quick way of testing the electric fan?
    I know there are 2 relays, but I'm wondering whether I can make the fan come on irrespective of engine temperature. Don't ask why!!!! Need to know! Planning heavy job and have doubts over whether fan is working!
    Cheers everyone, look forward to your replies.
    hi m8 you should have 2 fittings one on the front and one on the side of thermostat housing i think its the front one for the fan just disconect it and fan will come on (with ign on)

Comment

Originally posted by paul jones
      hi m8 you should have 2 fittings one on the front and one on the side of thermostat housing i think its the front one for the fan just disconect it and fan will come on (with ign on)

Thanks Paul for your reply, but done that - guess what!!?? Fan doesn't run.
      Surely, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the wire have to be earthed out?

Comment

with ign on or engine running pull the small wire (grey clip) off the thermo housing, i think it just pushes on.
        need a pic to check your pulling the right one.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It is the one nearest the front of the motor. Pulling it off should make the fan run full time.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
            with ign on or engine running pull the small wire (grey clip) off the thermo housing, i think it just pushes on.
            need a pic to check your pulling the right one.

Tim, have done this - fan doesn't come on.It has worked in the past because I've heard it. Fuse checks out OK. There are 2 relays with the fuse - do you know anything about these? One reads different to the other with a meter. I take it that the one clicks out and the 2nd clicks in at the right time, but I'm not sure. Have you any info on this? Cheers for your help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              It is the one nearest the front of the motor. Pulling it off should make the fan run full time.
              Done this, no go, but the fan has worked as I've heard it in the past. Again, have checked fuse which is OK. Can you help me any further? Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Working...
              X