Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cylinder heads?

hi guys,
    guess im gonna have to inquire about new cylinder heads now.

ive heard reskimming just lets you down again

and buying the standard heads just do the same.

where can i get the modified heads from and how much are they.

i just got a new thermostat and rad cap for my 2.4 after my overheating problem, (see ydays thread) but im very doubtful this will sort my problem out,
    as the water heats REALLY quick far hotter than the heat given off the head when felt with your hand, plus the hoses are MEGA solid, feels like theres a s***load of pressure in there, just hoping that maybe the thermostat has gone whilst slightly open and the small amount of water passing it is heating up quick and the pressure building up at the thermostat bottleneck is causing the hoses to pressurise and become rockhard.

am i crazy?
    its broken again..... isnt it.

Originally posted by quagmire
    hi guys,
    guess im gonna have to inquire about new cylinder heads now.

ive heard reskimming just lets you down again

and buying the standard heads just do the same.

where can i get the modified heads from and how much are they.

i just got a new thermostat and rad cap for my 2.4 after my overheating problem, (see ydays thread) but im very doubtful this will sort my problem out,
    as the water heats REALLY quick far hotter than the heat given off the head when felt with your hand, plus the hoses are MEGA solid, feels like theres a s***load of pressure in there, just hoping that maybe the thermostat has gone whilst slightly open and the small amount of water passing it is heating up quick and the pressure building up at the thermostat bottleneck is causing the hoses to pressurise and become rockhard.

am i crazy?

try here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

or here www.4x4toys.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

my new cylinder head from stevo turned up today - full marks to the Engine Co Ltd for swift service and no hassles. was quite funny to hear a car engine being turned over and over in the background whilst i was on the phone to them, could just imagine alll types of surfs in there with various ailments

very impressed - gasket set was wood backed to prevent kinking, and the timing belt supplied was top quality the mechanic said

with luck, mines gonna be fixed by tomorrow
      problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Cylinder head

Hate to say it but if a 2.4 (original) head gets hot it normally cracks, mine just did but Tony at 4x4 toys popped a new upgraded one on for a very reasonable price.

hope im wrong best of luck
        Anti 4x4 Proresters

Comment

There was a member ( JOTTO) I think who had a used, low mileage upgraded head from a surf which he was breaking. Bargain price of 300 pounds If I remember and indeed if he still has it. If I was looking for a replacement head Id try that first and after that it would probably have to be the engine co Ltd Stockport as advertised at the top of the page.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
          X