4wd light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd light

Hi people, don't know if my 4wd is working properly, I had some work done on the clutch in the garage and when it came back the 4wd light didn't come on and it doesn't feel like it has engaged, if I drop down into H ratio the light comes on, is there a way I can test if the 4wd is working without jacking the whole car up!? I’ve search the forum and It could be an electrical problem but I wouldn't know where to look.

Cheers for everyone’s help, I hate taking my truck to garages I really don't trust them!

Press the 4wd switch, drive forward slowly and see if the front prop is going round.

If the gearbox has been out, there is a good change someone has left some of the plugs off at the back of T/case. Or broke a wire pulling them off.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hi thanks for the quick reply tony, i've just been out again and the whole 4wd gear stick is very tempermental, it goes into 4wd on the low ratio but btween H and N the light flickers on and of but never really engages and some times nothing moves (the wheels don't go round) is this T case accessable?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by runk
        is this T case accessable?
        it's bolted to the bottom of the car
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X