tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracking

hi, i've got my MOT soon and i know the tracking is out, but i have big 35' off road tryes and no one will touch it, is there a way i could do it myself?
    cheers

Some info here......

http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm

Have you tried taking your truck to garages that employ old school tyre fitters?

Comment

Kwik Fit won't be able to do it but look for a commercial vehicle tyre fitter (something like Ski Tyres if you've got one near you) as if they can do commercials they can do a Surf with oversized tyres. Not sure that tracking being out will cause an MOT failure though as, unless the inside or outside edges of the tyres are really worn so that it's really obvious there is something amiss, they don't check the tracking during the test.
      Mike G

Comment

Just a thought, but couldn't you find someone to borrow some wheels off, just to get the tracking checked?

I can't see what difference it would make to the tracking when your normal wheels are replaced..
        It just does, OK?

Comment

cheers for all the info guys, yes there is a ski tyres near me think i will try them!
          regards

Comment

A good tyre place will do it, find one that can be bothered to do a days work.

You don't say where you are from, there is a place in Hants that will do it.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X