Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling

Hi Peeps,

I was just kinda wondering, everyone else's surf seams to have a shroud covering the rad, mine don't, would this effect how good the fan is ??

If so, does anyone out there have a spare one that I could buy from them ???

It's not that important realy, it's just a guard. When the bonnet is shut, that will act as a shroud anyway.

Comment

Cheers Vince, I was a tad concerned why my electric fan came on today, but it was stuck on the m6 going uphill about 15 mph, just stiiing there and it came on, I am sure that the gauge was lying as it haddn't moved at all form normal though.

Comment

I don't trust the standard Surf temp gauge at all.

Comment

At the risk of contridiction, its better with it, especially 2.4's and their issues, we've left the bottem half out with no problems, it avoids it being a mud trap and makes for easier cleaning.

A lot of airflow will be lost out the sides of the fan without it, it helps to funnel the air through the rad.

But don't loose much sleep if you don't have it.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I agree with me boy . Get one fitted . The fan realies on pulling the air through the rad with the shoud helping draw the air at low speed . If the shroud is not there the air is not drawn through at the rate you need it .

Jotto may have one for sale
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Ok Guys, I will try to find one, any ideas, I will try fleabay now

Comment

ive taken my bottom shroud off to save moving the rad when i did the body lift but left the top one on
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by spans
                  Ok Guys, I will try to find one, any ideas, I will try fleabay now
                  Mine has been hanging on the garage wall for three years. Do you reckon I ought to take Uncle Tonys advice and put it back on?
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    Mine has been hanging on the garage wall for three years. Do you reckon I ought to take Uncle Tonys advice and put it back on?
                    Yes, yes and yes. My shroud was one piece and a pain to remove. Last time I had it out I cut the bottom section off about 40mm below the botom mounting holes. This section is mainly flat and does little so no harm removing it.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                      Yes, yes and yes. My shroud was one piece and a pain to remove. Last time I had it out I cut the bottom section off about 40mm below the botom mounting holes. This section is mainly flat and does little so no harm removing it.

Nev

Hi Nev, couldn't send over the bit you didn't want, its seams to be a bit of a pain in the @ss to get one...

I could always make one outta old tins or something

Comment

Originally posted by spans
                        Hi Nev, couldn't send over the bit you didn't want, its seams to be a bit of a pain in the @ss to get one...

I could always make one outta old tins or something
                        Sorry it went in the bin. Wouldn't have been much use anyway. If temp seems ok then don't worry too much. I drove mine for a couple of months without the shroud and all was fine.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          I don't trust the standard Surf temp gauge at all.
                          I have to agree with Vince (or else) the standard gauge is a poor indication of the engine temp. I have a digital one measuring the temp at the top hose and whilst towing I have seen the digital gauge read 104c before the standard gauge started to move up the scale.
                          When I get the time I'm going to use the digi one to switch on a separate fan or to operate the a/c fan.
                          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X