Confused.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused.com

hi all... undr my 91 2.4 td efi surf i got a large stainless steel 'bash plate' under this looks like a small radiator with two electric fans attached to it... is this the auto gbox cooler rad? these fans seenm to engage as and when they want from first five mins starting up or after a few hours driving or when really booting it.... any help guys cheers
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

That's the air con rad (condenser)

Comment

aah i see.... i never use the air con tho its got to be re charged and still got r12 in it lol!!! why would the fans engage as and when they want without using the air con?..stupid me thought it was an intercooler lol

Comment

Dunno, sounds strange! Are you sure it's not the electric fan behind the grille you can hear? as this will cut in now and again if the engine temp 'creeps' up.

Comment

ill stick me fingers in next time and check lol.... will keep eye on it just seems to happen more when i accelerate mate what with me being an mot tester youd think id know cheers for help

Comment

Like has been said, the fans only come on when the aircon is switched on. The front electric fan comes on when the viscous fan can't cope. If your hearing it alot you may have cooling issues, it normally comes on at about 100-105 deg, normally after a long hill at speed or heavy towing according to extra gauges I've fitted for people.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Like has been said, the fans only come on when the aircon is switched on. The front electric fan comes on when the viscous fan can't cope. If your hearing it alot you may have cooling issues, it normally comes on at about 100-105 deg, normally after a long hill at speed or heavy towing according to extra gauges I've fitted for people.
              or driving flat out around town
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
              X