Oh $#*! Is It My Head???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh $#*! Is It My Head???????

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT IS?

HAD A HOLE IN MY RAD WHICH CAUSED SOME OVERHEATING, PUT NEW RAD ON BUT NOW IT SEEMS AS THOUGH COOLING SYSTEM IS BEING PRESSURISED ALMOST STRAIGHT AWAY AND CHUCKING THE COOLANT INTO THE EXPANSION BOTTLE, TOOK OUT THERMOSTAT AND TRIED TO GET AS MUCH AIR OUT AS POSS BUT TO NO AVAIL.
    I ASSUME ITS THE HEAD OR GASKET BUT NO SIGN OF WATER AND OIL MIXING AND NO WATER OR STEAM AT ALL COMING OUT OF EXHAUST.. ANY IDEAS GOOD PEOPLE OF THE BLESSED FORUM??
    Anti 4x4 Proresters

If you sure its not airlocked you need to get a local garage to test the coolant for combustion gases, this will tell for sure if the head has gone.

You don't get oil and water mixing normally on Surfs, and not often steam from the exhaust apart from on starting up the car from cold.

How hot did it get from the water loss, if it got to the bottem of the red zone then its normally bad news for an original head on a 2.4.

Are the heaters getting hot? If your low on water or have air in the system then the heater will often blow cold.

Good luck mate.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I broke it, TonyN fixed it I'm a happy trucker again (for now)

Cheers Tony
      Anti 4x4 Proresters

Comment

Working...
      X