Bonnet scoop / air vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet scoop / air vent

After realising how hot these things run I want to fit a air scoop ! But I cant find one anywhere that will look right ! Sick of trawling egay Anyone got any idea's where to get one ??

much debate on this topic and as to whether or not scoops would help or hinder the cooling of an engine.

i think that the general concensus was that to relieve heat in the engine bay then fit vents or if you'd like, a rear facing scoop.

i'm fitting a wrx scoop to accomodate an rx7 intercooler-but the scoop will be purely functional to the intercooler and am not expecting it to relieve temperature in the engine bay. in fact it may increase the heat according to the techsmarties here, so will probably fit wrx vents as well to keep temps down.

search the scoop subject and you'll find all the pros and cons but as far as what looks good, i personally think the wrx scoop or nissan patrol(which i found hard to find) are the best appearance.

check out the oz site, theres a few pics on there on there of scoops and intercooler mods etc
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Hello. i have fitted a Top mount Rx-7 intercooler to my Hilux pickup and after installed a modified WRX air vent to help it cooling down. The combination was perfect and i like it very much. You can see the pictures at http://groups.msn.com/toyotasurf/kev...picson24l.msnw . Let me know if you need help.

Regards
      Kevin Zammit
      MALTA

Comment

I'm surprised how good that bonnet scoop looks on the Surf .
        I have one of those Scooby scoops in the garage somewhere if anyone wants to try it . It's new , boxed in black a.b.s.
        I spend most of my time trying to keep water out , not add extra holes to let it in.

Geoff
        Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I fitted an Izuzu Trooper scooper sorry scoop! It looks OK - the grill of the second gen matches the pattern on the scoop.
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

frabricated scoop cut open bonnet and weld in side piece

www.overfab.uk

Comment

This is mine that covers a Kenwood bonnet fan - thread here: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24398

The cover has since been repainted in the correct Surf colour and looks much neater now. It definitely helps in keeping the temp down and the fan helps when towing up hills.
              Mike G

Comment

I had a trooper vent back to front and a couple of rubbish things on my old 2.4. looked alright...

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
                  I'm surprised how good that bonnet scoop looks on the Surf .
                  I have one of those Scooby scoops in the garage somewhere if anyone wants to try it . It's new , boxed in black a.b.s.
                  I spend most of my time trying to keep water out , not add extra holes to let it in.

Geoff
                  HI geoff do you still have the scoop??? if so how much do you want for it?? cheers michael
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    I fitted an Izuzu Trooper scooper sorry scoop! It looks OK - the grill of the second gen matches the pattern on the scoop.
                    Thats a fine looking scoop, youve made a really good job of fitting that. Its clear that your abilities have no bounds. I just cant stop admiring that aerial either
                    Сви можемо

Comment

I fitted these vents in the bonnet with fans under em this along with fitting a switch in the electric fan circuit helps keep the temp down a bit, especially when in traffic on a hot day,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Put your shirt back on Ian!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Put your shirt back on Ian!
                          Christ. How long were you looking at the pic to notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            Christ. How long were you looking at the pic to notice that?
                            Ewwwww - and are those Y fronts...........
                            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                              Ewwwww - and are those Y fronts...........
                              HeHe ya caught me, tend to forget about reflection There white shorts honest, Still it keeps the nabours indoors
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X