I cant figure out whats wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant figure out whats wrong

Ok i bough a 91 2.4 diesel Surf and i cant figure out what is wrong. It starts great and runs for about 10mins and shuts of all of a sudden. I have to wait about 4 hours before it starts again. However it starts great after the 4 hours. Can someone please help.

My first thoughts would be fuel starvation. Maybe a blocked fuel filter or the tank breather. When it stops does it just cut out or does it kind of splutter to a halt?
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Hi

Have you checked for any fault codes???

I had somthing similer mine was a blocked fillter inside the fuel tank.

Steve

Comment

Hi, We had the same sort of trouble with our Surf.. It ended up just like yours it got down to running for two minutes then we would have to wait a good few hours before it would start again.. We checked every thing fuel tank, pump and filters, fuel was getting to the pump. We then measured the resistance of the sensor on the top of the fuel pump when cold it had a resistance then when it ran for a few mins it had lost its resistance. This seemed to be the trouble with ours, now we have changed the pump it's back to normal.Hope this helps. All the best Gillian

Comment

Originally posted by Gillian
          Hi, We had the same sort of trouble with our Surf.. It ended up just like yours it got down to running for two minutes then we would have to wait a good few hours before it would start again.. We checked every thing fuel tank, pump and filters, fuel was getting to the pump. We then measured the resistance of the sensor on the top of the fuel pump when cold it had a resistance then when it ran for a few mins it had lost its resistance. This seemed to be the trouble with ours, now we have changed the pump it's back to normal.Hope this helps. All the best Gillian

Was yours Petrol or Diesel

Comment

2.4 diesel Surf
            I do hope you sort it soon!
            Gillian

Comment

Thanks for the info. You have given me more info than the mechanics i have working on it

Comment

Hey Gillian where did you get your fuel pump and do you know what us vehicle i can get parts from that might work.

Comment

Sent you an email..
                  Gillian

Comment

Hey Gill you were right on. I changed the pump and it runs like a champ. Thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
                    X