Rev Clock Does Not Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Clock Does Not Work

I recently changed both batteries and since then the Rev clock hasn`t worked. when i look at the rev counter before i put key in ignition it points straight down, when i start the engine the pointer only moves to the start of the clock and stays there - Any Suggestions.

Originally posted by skybird1
    I recently changed both batteries and since then the Rev clock hasn`t worked. when i look at the rev counter before i put key in ignition it points straight down, when i start the engine the pointer only moves to the start of the clock and stays there - Any Suggestions.
    i would say the needle has jumped the stop pin you will have to take the dash out to put the needle back to the normal position
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Rev pointer fixed on surf

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      i would say the needle has jumped the stop pin you will have to take the dash out to put the needle back to the normal position
      Yep you were right the needle jumped the pin but noticed that you have got to reset pointer when the ignition is on otherwise the pointer will be in the wrong place. Thanks again

Comment

Hanging Rev Counter Needle

Originally posted by stormforce
        This can be done without taking the dash out, but it's very fiddly.

My wife's batteries were on the way out and sometimes would not start. Whilst trying to jump start it the rev counter reacted by swinging across the dial at great speed and eventually jumped the zero stop This meant that when the engine was off it hung vertically and when the engine was running it swung upwards only to be stopped by the underside of the zero stop pin.

The way I was able to put the needle on the top side of the pin, where it belonged, was as follows:

1) Remove the rubber grommet that is normally removed to re-set the T-Belt light.

2) Get a longish, stiffish but flexible piece of wire (straightened out paper clip) and put a small oval shaped loop in one end. The loop must be small enough to pass through the hole in the dash perspex but large enough to go over the end of the rev counter needle. You can probably guess the rest but...

3) Pass the loop end of the wire through the perspex hole and manouvre until you can pass the end of the needle into the loop.

4) Slowly push the needle up until it touches the underside of the stop pin.

5) Using a 'twist and push' motion, manouvre the needle passed the pin.

6) Release the wire loop from the end of the needle and extract it. Re-fit rubber bung into perspex hole. JOB DONE

The trick is to get a stiffish piece of wire, of the correct length, that still can be curved readily.

Hope this helps
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X