Rad cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad cap.

Just bought a genuine Toyota rad cap all in £14.14. Bought a cheap one for £6.50 a couple of months ago as original split.Thought it would be fine NO.The cooling system when hot was solid no air locks, head ok.The problem was the rubber seal was 6mm thick so when compressed the overflow into the expansion bottle was still blocked not allowing the fluid to transfer when hot or cold.

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure Rick (Vagrant No2) will find that helpful after this weekend.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Thanks for posting that. I'm sure Rick (Vagrant No2) will find that helpful after this weekend.
      Nice one Phil Rick knows who his friends really are
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Nice one Phil Rick knows who his friends really are
        Rick had problems with his cooling system not pressurising. It seems that the rad cap was not deep enough to seal because the neck was too deep on the filler hole. It only just sealed with two washers, so it might be handy to know where ALZ got his from and the Part No. So there.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Rad cap

I ordered it from Roughtrax.Serial no CS005

Comment

Cheers for thinking of me Phil . I have not bothered with looking at my rad/rad cap prob yet . I may have broken front suspension to deal with
            And you and Marky need to stop the bitchin
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              And you and Marky need to stop the bitchin
              Nah, its entertaining.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

By the way Tony , I am going to steal your cooling fan idea . Jon has 1 fan I can use , I think that maybe enough .
                I got a Kenlowe sensor that fits in a ali housing which you cut into the top hose . I was keeping that for my Lotus , but as that may never see the road again I may as well use it on the Runner .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  By the way Tony , I am going to steal your cooling fan idea . Jon has 1 fan I can use , I think that maybe enough .
                  I got a Kenlowe sensor that fits in a ali housing which you cut into the top hose . I was keeping that for my Lotus , but as that may never see the road again I may as well use it on the Runner .
                  Cool. I'd wire it up to the ignition though, or fit a off switch (which is good anyway when wading), its nice having the fans blowing over the stopped motor as it heats up, but it starting to bug me now as its noisy outside the house late at night!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    Cool. but it starting to bug me now as its noisy outside the house late at night!!
                    Don't park so close to the house then Tony
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      Don't park so close to the house then Tony
                      Then I can't look at it out the window all night........

Comment

I tried another rad cap and still blows into exp bottle , must be a bad fitment of filler neck on rad . Best rad I got , its got all its cooling fins . Now need to de solder the spare rad neck and this one and swop over .

Comment

Working...
                        X