Shagged it..... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shagged it..... :(

Well fellas, the Surf's gone bang. Off to see a fella down the M40 and got as far as Warwick services when the engine bay developed a lovely (albeit deafening) rattle....

Maybe piston rings? Maybe nuclear meltdown?

Anyone know where I can get:

A) a REASONABLE chap to have a looksee in the Midlands?
    B) a decent-priced reconditioned lump to put in there?

Anyone here just desperate to give me a hand?

Scott
    [URL=http://www.the-maddog.co.uk]Scott[/URL]

[SIZE=1]Anything you do exposes you to needless risk and liability. So follow this recommendation: Lock yourself in a closet and sit quietly in the dark until you die of old age.[/SIZE]

Craney had a similar expensive sounding rattle not long after buying his truck, turned out it was the timing belt tensioner. The bearing had seized up and it sheared off, rattleing around in the front cover, as the belt spun round.

No damage was done and new tensioner was all thats needed.

Fingers crossed.............

Originally posted by Banzai

Well fellas, the Surf's gone bang. Off to see a fella down the M40 and got as far as Warwick services when the engine bay developed a lovely (albeit deafening) rattle....

Maybe piston rings? Maybe nuclear meltdown?

Anyone know where I can get:

A) a REASONABLE chap to have a looksee in the Midlands?
    B) a decent-priced reconditioned lump to put in there?

Anyone here just desperate to give me a hand?

Scott
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

sorry

sorry im in coventry and have had no luck finding anyone who even acknowledges the make everyone i spoke to mechanics wise cant find any info on it so ive just had to use the forum and do the work myself ive been looking around for a decent reliable mechanic for ages round here last one i thought was decent let me down big time so if u have any luck let me know plz
      Colin

Comment

shagged it

i know a guy in rugby area who is cheap and most importantly very good . he is v/good with 4x4s if your not sorted get back to me and iwill give him a ring

Comment

Update.....

Me Surf's bust a piston. Options:

1 - replace pistons (providing the bore isn't FUBAR)...
          2 - replace engine...

Anyone know of cheap pistons/gaskets etc or someone who's got an engine for sale?

Cheers,

Scott
          [URL=http://www.the-maddog.co.uk]Scott[/URL]

[SIZE=1]Anything you do exposes you to needless risk and liability. So follow this recommendation: Lock yourself in a closet and sit quietly in the dark until you die of old age.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai
            Update.....

Me Surf's bust a piston. Options:

1 - replace pistons (providing the bore isn't FUBAR)...
            2 - replace engine...

Anyone know of cheap pistons/gaskets etc or someone who's got an engine for sale?

Cheers,

Scott
            Are you sorted yet Scott ?

I have come across a guy selling a Hilux pickup 4x4 tatty body but good running 2.4 diesel lump wants around £300 for it, not sure if its the same engine as yours but suspect it might be

Keith
            I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop

I have come across a guy selling a Hilux pickup 4x4 tatty body but good running 2.4 diesel lump wants around £300 for it, not sure if its the same engine as yours but suspect it might be

Keith
              Keith, that would make a good off-roader
              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop

Keith
                The seller aint called Jeremy Clarkson by any chance is he??
                Pete

Comment

sorry to intrude but i over read pickup for sale i am in need of engine
                  as long as it has new head some time fitted or its after 93,if your man dont want it can you post me a replie many many thanks
                  dude

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                    The seller aint called Jeremy Clarkson by any chance is he??
                    Pete
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

HI,

I have been looking a new engine today and use - find a part - they are fab they post your requirement to 200 plus places and I have 8 places with engiones for sale all with guarantees - call them on 01603 767686

hope you find one.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X