No announcement yet.

supid award 2006 beat it if you can!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supid award 2006 beat it if you can!!!!

after giving the truck a full service cam belt included, i flushed the rad and refilled with new coolant. i have been using the truck for about a week and i noticed the temp guage rising so i pulls over and there was water pi***** out from somwhere, so gets towed home by a freind after trying to call aa for about half an hour and not getting any response from them ( that reminds me i must ring them if i can get through and give them a good bo********) any way when i get home i put on my mucks and get on my back and checks out this leak. To my amazment the problem was all my own doing i had left a pair of moll grips on the drain plug whitch had been vibrating the drain plug and broke the rad doh!!!!!

Why did you put moll grips on the drain plug i hear you ask!!
    i do this cause i have hands the size of small jcb buckets and have a problem with access in most cases, so this was my attempt not to ask someone else to shove there mits down there but its now come back and bit me in the ass.....

beat that if you can.......doh !!!!!!!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

I have lost count of the tools I have lost by leaving them under the bonnet. The worse one was leaving a long cabinet screwdriver on top of the battery. When I drove off it swivelled round and spectacularly shorted the battery terminals. It was like Nov 5th under the bonnet.
    I also drove off with a 2Ft long machete on the roof.

It was lucky that you spotted the temp guage and the water leak. Did it just vibrate the drain plug loose or has it holed the rad?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I have lost count of the tools I have lost by leaving them under the bonnet. The worse one was leaving a long cabinet screwdriver on top of the battery. When I drove off it swivelled round and spectacularly shorted the battery terminals. It was like Nov 5th under the bonnet.
      I also drove off with a 2Ft long machete on the roof.

It was lucky that you spotted the temp guage and the water leak. Did it just vibrate the drain plug loose or has it holed the rad?
      its not just me that leaves things under the bonnet then!!!!

it had holed the rad doh!!!! got it repaired for free anyway so that was lucky otherwise it could have been expensive... its all up and running again now thank god!!!! the temp guage seems to be behaving at the moment so fingers crossed i havent cracked the head. gulp!!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Phew!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X