What's my rad hose doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my rad hose doing?

I opened the hood on my 1990 Surf to take a look at something today and noticed that my rad hose was all compressed (see pic). I loosened the rad cap and that relieved the pressure and the hose went back to normal. The only thing I can think of is the a/c as I ran it for the first time this spring, yesterday.

Is this normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RadHose.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1265347

Thanks,

Wes

Originally posted by CanSurf
    I opened the hood on my 1990 Surf to take a look at something today and noticed that my rad hose was all compressed (see pic). I loosened the rad cap and that relieved the pressure and the hose went back to normal. The only thing I can think of is the a/c as I ran it for the first time this spring, yesterday.

Is this normal?

[ATTACH]18184[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Wes
    You need a new rad cap
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Hey, thanks! I went and bought one this afternoon. I'll check my rad hose tomorrow and see if it worked.

Thanks,

Wes

Originally posted by jotto
      You need a new rad cap

Comment

Hmmm...well I switched my cap with the cap from a 3L (same cap) and the hose still does the implosion thing. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Wes

Originally posted by jotto
        You need a new rad cap

Comment

Originally posted by CanSurf
          Hmmm...well I switched my cap with the cap from a 3L (same cap) and the hose still does the implosion thing. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Wes
          Check the pipe from the radiator to the expansion bottle is not blocked as this will do the same as a faulty rad cap . Also check the actual brass pipe on the rad is not blocked .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Well I checked it and it was blocked. So I cleaned it out, put it back on and we'll see if that fixed it. Thanks for your help!

Wes

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Check the pipe from the radiator to the expansion bottle is not blocked as this will do the same as a faulty rad cap . Also check the actual brass pipe on the rad is not blocked .

Comment

Working...
            X