Intercooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooling

Hi Surf Nutters, I've managed to almost get my beastie back together again, after a few 4 and 6 letter words, and I don't have many parts spare either (always a bonus), Anyways while rebuilding this monster, I was thinking about fitting an intercooler, and I would like to ask if any of you guys (or gals) out there have ever fitted one.

Where would I look for a seperator to remove the 5 litres of oil that dissapear from the breathing system weekly "well not literally" but you know what I mean, if you have looked inside the manifold, or turbo tubing, and where to get a scoop, I kinda like the idea of a large scoop, and not lifting the body of the car, as I am small enough already, and don't fancy having to carry a ladder to get in my truck

but seriously if anyone has any info, or pics of their intercooled babies, please let me know, and if I do fit one I'll do a write up thingy, just to show that I can spell sometimes

Take care ya all, happy easter, and keep on surfin!

Originally posted by spans
    Hi Surf Nutters, I've managed to almost get my beastie back together again, after a few 4 and 6 letter words, and I don't have many parts spare either (always a bonus), Anyways while rebuilding this monster, I was thinking about fitting an intercooler, and I would like to ask if any of you guys (or gals) out there have ever fitted one.

Where would I look for a seperator to remove the 5 litres of oil that dissapear from the breathing system weekly "well not literally" but you know what I mean, if you have looked inside the manifold, or turbo tubing, and where to get a scoop, I kinda like the idea of a large scoop, and not lifting the body of the car, as I am small enough already, and don't fancy having to carry a ladder to get in my truck

but seriously if anyone has any info, or pics of their intercooled babies, please let me know, and if I do fit one I'll do a write up thingy, just to show that I can spell sometimes

Take care ya all, happy easter, and keep on surfin!
    How about you tell us what car/truk you are working on.

Fill in your profile please and we will be able to assist.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Oops - sorry 2.4TD Surf 1992

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.net/index1.htm

Click on MODS, then Engine.

Comment

Oh Very nice! Thanks for the link, looks pretty

Now that has got me inspired, now where are me tin snips and me drill; what its 2am, oh ok I will leave it for tonight. Got the beastie all back together, and I have 4 nuts and 2 bolts left over, nothing has fallen off yet, so i suppose they must be spares then!

After 2 days of toil, it lives, i mean its alive, i still have a small oil weep from the turbo oil feed, but i don't have a gasket, would toyota sell one on its own ??

Comment

im intercooling mine soon but i have decidied ill body lift it first... i have half of the bits together when i have the other half im all set!
            i even have the intercooler ready but i need a scoop now...
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
            X