underslung spare wheel part deux....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underslung spare wheel part deux....

other than the chain and crank system for the under slung spare wheel storage (which i've now removed and binned 'coz it p*****d me off something rotten) what other under slung methods are there/have you guys knocked up. i'm fed up looking at it now and can't add 2+2 at the mo 'coz my head is spinning!

has anyone got any pics of how they've gone about it because i seriously do not trust my ideas at the moment!!!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

I had to grind the centre out of my spare carrier as it was seized to lower the spare . I then soaked in WD40 and it now all works fine after welding the parts back together. Trouble I had was the 31" Dirt Devil spare would not fit underneath . My spare is in the back , but takes up to much space . I thought of a rear mount spare like Gamedawn , but too much agro . With the lift kit fitted the spare may now fit without fouling the rear diff .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

My Mk1 has all the bits if you want them, including a working winch, I don't use it. I prefer the spare in the back.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        My Mk1 has all the bits if you want them, including a working winch, I don't use it. I prefer the spare in the back.

yes please, do you have the handle winder as well? if so, how much do you want, i could collect as am only in aldershot, cheers
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
        X