oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

help have oil leak has anyone any detailed engine shots as i know sweet fa. also i have either a farting or sucking noise just b4 turbo kicks in all i know is its near throttle cable end cos when i rev it inside engine bay i can hear it and my hand is $$$$ed in oil. any ideas

Can you tell if the oil is coming from the pipes in the photo?
    Attached Files

Comment

seems to be on throttle pulley clips and hose on photo seem secure enough total novice as this is my first surf and really dont know my way round it . arse from my elbow a good term . cheers

Comment

It is quite common for the large convoluted hose in the bottom of the picture to crack. Might be worth a look.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

been replaced at some stage by a flex hose but is pretty caked in oil which is wet, cant see jack now though. Keep u posted

wuff

Comment

oil

well it appears that the hose that joins the convoluted one from the shiny bit where u put oil in is loose is it common for a leak from here
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, thats common on most engines. It's engine air pressure mixed with oil vapour., that gets redirected back into the engine. Just pull it off and clean it out with turps or hot soapy water.
              I've disconnected mine and blocked the hole in the plastic tube, and redirected a longer piece of hose into a plastic bottle, to catch the oil vapour. My truck doesn't smoke at all now!

p.s. Is your truck from the west Indies???? 'cos it says D turbo on the top.

Comment

nice one mate , will that also make fart noise then

Comment

not of my engine stole image off this guy it was near enough though

Comment

Working...
                  X