rough tick over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough tick over

hi, have a surf 2lt 2.4 with a very rough tick over,checked compressions,changed injectors,changed filters,any ideas anyone?
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

It could be a bit of air in the fuel, or theres an air leak in the hoses somewhere. check hoses that come from the air filter and also the thin, black rubber vacuum hoses that you can see above the alternator that connect into a small tee piece, these are easy to knock off sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It could be a bit of air in the fuel, or theres an air leak in the hoses somewhere. check hoses that come from the air filter and also the thin, black rubber vacuum hoses that you can see above the alternator that connect into a small tee piece, these are easy to knock off sometimes.
      yeah thanks for that, i swapped two hoses over that go to throttle body now when at tick over it is operating that other butterfly next to the main one, it also has an adjuster and lock nut on it would you no how to adjust it? many thanks.

Comment

Do you mean on the cables? one is the throttle cable and the other is the auto box kick-down cable.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Do you mean on the cables? one is the throttle cable and the other is the auto box kick-down cable.
          no its on the other side,it opens and closes the small butterfly

Comment

after some searching found out the outher butterfly was an engine stop that cuts off all the air when ign is turned off,now if i half close this butterfly cutting of some of the air the engine runs sweet on tick over if this was a petrol engine iwould say it was a weak mixture,but on a diesel i wouldant no any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X