Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Steps falling off

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to stop the side step falling off. The tubes which they are held in seemed to be corroded. I tried welding them but that solution did not last long. Is it possible to buy brackets or new tubes. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Mine to, i was going to just take em off and put them in the skip, because the truck looks better without them. but the missus (5 foot 2") says not. when mine fall off totaly I suppose I'll have to do something

Comment

Originally posted by ickyxxx
      Hi,
      I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to stop the side step falling off. The tubes which they are held in seemed to be corroded. I tried welding them but that solution did not last long. Is it possible to buy brackets or new tubes. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
      if you can gain access to a pipe bender you could make some new ones, as long as you can get the correct size/guage tube.......
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

There's a couple of people on here have either broken steps off offroading, or replaced them with sliders. there are also a couple of breakers about. Ask around and someone will have some spares.

I'd maybe start by asking TonyN, or doing a search for rock sliders, and PM'ing to whoever has recently fitted sliders to see it they have their old stips still about,

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          There's a couple of people on here have either broken steps off offroading, or replaced them with sliders. there are also a couple of breakers about. Ask around and someone will have some spares.

I'd maybe start by asking TonyN, or doing a search for rock sliders, and PM'ing to whoever has recently fitted sliders to see it they have their old stips still about,
          Yes, plenty of breakers for sale. Even a complete car in the for sale section, could be worth an e-mail to the seller?

I thing 2nd gens look great with or without the steps. no steps = More butch appearance IMHO
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Seen this ?

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

hey Trev you on commission lol
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                hey Trev you on commission lol
                Nope

Just being helpful !!!

However all offers gratefully received

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by ickyxxx
                  Hi,

You can have mine for 60 squids plus the postage.

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                    if you can gain access to a pipe bender you could make some new ones, as long as you can get the correct size/guage tube.......

What a waste of good tube.

What a headache even thinking about such a job.

Why bother?

Dump them!

Comment

Working...
                    X