piston ring leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston ring leakage

Have removed head from my '91 2.4td and found several cracks and am getting a replacment from autoheadrecon in Inverness, their price for brand new head around the price of recon from uk cylinder heads, also they will pick up your old one and swap all the bits over for an extra £94.
    We poured about an inch of petrol onto top of pistons and number one drained in twenty minutes, number two ok, number three was half drained in twenty minutes, number four was ok, do I need to worry?? Please help. Also do i need to put a new timing belt on or is recent existing one ok to reuse??

Originally posted by trevor butler
    Have removed head from my '91 2.4td and found several cracks and am getting a replacment from autoheadrecon in Inverness, their price for brand new head around the price of recon from uk cylinder heads, also they will pick up your old one and swap all the bits over for an extra £94.
    We poured about an inch of petrol onto top of pistons and number one drained in twenty minutes, number two ok, number three was half drained in twenty minutes, number four was ok, do I need to worry?? Please help. Also do i need to put a new timing belt on or is recent existing one ok to reuse??
    petrol is very searching and will find its way through the smallest gap, no need to worry as it isnt enough to affect the running of the engine, was the pistons level in the bores when you put it in, it will be getting by on the thrust side of the bore were they tend to wear, but this only causes the engine to breathe slightly and is no cause for concern, also change the timing belt and fan belts while its stripped down it will save alot of work later
    Last edited by gemini; 17 December 2003, 22:11.
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by trevor butler

And the price was????? let us know for anyone who might need this service in the future
      Pick up your old and swap all the bits over???
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X