Mystery of the missing water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of the missing water!

2.4 auto motorway journey 100miles (about). End of journey temp going into the red stopped called for help allowed to cool water all gone! re-filled new water got home. Next day looked underneath water pouring from general dirrection of waterpump. All prepared for new pump then..... no more leak and no more water loss only used on short runs but temp fine. Its a mystery what happened and why is it not happening now?
    Can you solve the mystery of the missing water?

Originally posted by jpjjoshua
    2.4 auto motorway journey 100miles (about). End of journey temp going into the red stopped called for help allowed to cool water all gone! re-filled new water got home. Next day looked underneath water pouring from general dirrection of waterpump. All prepared for new pump then..... no more leak and no more water loss only used on short runs but temp fine. Its a mystery what happened and why is it not happening now?

bladder problems?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

I had'nt thought of that.... might be worth checking out. Are Jap bladders interchangeable with ours?

Comment

Originally posted by jpjjoshua
        hi,
        i'd keep a close eye if i were you bud, you get strange things happen with these surfs. Mine was recently dumping water but not showing any overheating on gauge. Noticed water pouring off of bash plate. Whacking great hole in rad. Dont know how long been leaking. Lucky not to fry engine.
        Having brand new rad today £205, also having cam belt/pullies and general service done ie all filters , brakes etc etc . oh and thermostat. total cost inc. labour £550...... OUCH ..........The ol' beast should be like new!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X