bottom pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottom pulley

i need some ideas as to how to get it off??? ive got the bolt out no probs but the pulley wont budge, ive left the raidiator in so pulling it out with a puller will have to be a last resort.......any ideas guys n gals....????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Its normally tight, you need a hub puller. Try to avoid a 3 or 2 leg puller over the edge of the pulley grooves as this often screws up the rubber bush between the hub and the outside.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Its normally tight, you need a hub puller. Try to avoid a 3 or 2 leg puller over the edge of the pulley grooves as this often screws up the rubber bush between the hub and the outside.

oh joy... looks like raidiater out then, i cant see a puller fitting down there with it there........ wanted to avoid that due to not having much time to do it.....

Comment

You don't need to take the rad out, find a fat peice of metal, drill and tap a thread in the middle for a big bolt, that will press on the crankshaft, then find the 4 threaded holes in the pulley, drill a hole either side of the big bolt that lines up with 2 of these holes and then bolt the bar to the pulley, then screw the big screw in and it will push the pulley of the shaft.

Its easy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          You don't need to take the rad out, find a fat peice of metal, drill and tap a thread in the middle for a big bolt, that will press on the crankshaft, then find the 4 threaded holes in the pulley, drill a hole either side of the big bolt that lines up with 2 of these holes and then bolt the bar to the pulley, then screw the big screw in and it will push the pulley of the shaft.

Its easy.

thanks tony sounds easy enough...... i didnt even know there was n e threaded holes in end of the pully......i have tomatoes for eyes.......

Comment

Working...
          X