yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan running all time is this normal??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys i'll contact milner's and take a look at the stat first (sounds easyer)
    What do you mean by pluged matrix??????
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
      Thanks guys i'll contact milner's and take a look at the stat first (sounds easyer)
      What do you mean by pluged matrix??????

Matrix blocked..

The matrix gets full of crud and needs flushing in the same way as the rad from time to time.. it basically means that the coolant cant get around the matrix to warm the air flowing through the fans

Its not too difficult to do... you need to take the pipes going into and out of the matrix (by the bulkhead) and flush them with a hose pipe or airline
      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Thanks mate, picture would be great as i havn't got a clue what one looks like.
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

Been in touch with milner, currently out of stock.
          Awaiting one being sent on as soon as they arrive.
          Regards
          Kev.
          2.4 black beast

Comment

Re

I did my front and rear today, again!

The rear one was clear but one of the thin metal pipes was totally and utterly blocked full of gunk!

I cleared it by getting a brake cable off my daughter's bicycle and attaching it to a drill!

Hey presto!

A flexible cable that spins at high speed to clean the pipe!

It went through it like a knife through butter!

The whole coolant system is completely free of gunk now.

When you get it clean you will not believe how hot the heaters get, they are boiling!

My advice, fit new thermostat, fit new radiator cap, disconnect and clean the matrices, then the pipes!

Gary

Heater

Comment

Marvelous!

p.s. don't send your daughter down the hill to fetch a loaf of bread until you've replaced that brake cable!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Marvelous!

p.s. don't send your daughter down the hill to fetch a loaf of bread until you've replaced that brake cable!
                LOL!

Comment

Ok, so on my 1990 Surf imported from Japan (to Canada) I have the fan in front of the rad on the driver's side. However, as seen below in the picture, I have two wires that used to be connected to a piece of metal that is attached to the rad. Anyone know what these wires are for? They attach to that big conduit that then runs back to the fan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TwoWires.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1242874

Thanks,

Wes

Comment

I'm just guessing here, but they could be the wires that were attatched to a sensor that switches the auxillary fan on when the engine temp gets higher than normal.

Comment

hi its ur rad switch costs around £50 for new one had same prob but ok now

Comment

Working...
                      X