i dunno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dunno?

i am a new surf owner, i have noticed an orange dip stick and when i pull it out there is a red fluid and on the dip stick it says cool at the bottom and hot at the top, i never noticed it before, this is quite embarassing for me could any1 please tell me what it is?
    9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Auto transmission fluid dipstick. If it's a blood red colour and at the correct level, then all is well.

Comment

which is the correct level? hot or cool? thats all it says on the dipstick?
      9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

The best way to check the levels, is to get the engine hot, with engine still running, select reverse, neutral, drive, 2, 1, then back up to park, and check level on dipstick. It should be in the hot region.

Comment

Originally posted by BETRAYAL
          which is the correct level? hot or cool? thats all it says on the dipstick?
          Both! when the engine is hot, the hot level, when the engine is cold, go by the cool level.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            The best way to check the levels, is to get the engine hot, with engine still running, select reverse, neutral, drive, 2, 1, then back up to park, and check level on dipstick. It should be in the hot region.
            Remember, as its the gearbox that's being checked, its important that the gearbox and not just the engine is hot. Starting the engine and leaving to idle till hot will not heat the gearbox oil sufficiently, you must work the gearbox to do this, ie stop-start driving etc.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Yeah, I was going to add go for a drive in brackets, but forgot.

Comment

Working...
              X