oil guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil guage

the oil guage on my 91 2.4 turbo reads just under half way when you turn on the ignition then after a fer seconds it falls back to zero. When the engine is running it reads zero. Is this correct or what should I do about it?

caution please before carring out instructions

Going back a few years [yes I’m old]

And if memory is correct the it could be driven by resistance if so then if you were to take off the wire and short to earth it should go to max on the gauge and min when left open circuit. Ask around before you try it out just in case [no g/tee with this advice]

Comment

my oil gauge stays just under half way? is this normal?
      9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

Yep, thats just about normal. The needle sits at the 1/4 mark at idle then raises to around the halfway mark when driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto
          the oil guage on my 91 2.4 turbo reads just under half way when you turn on the ignition then after a fer seconds it falls back to zero. When the engine is running it reads zero. Is this correct or what should I do about it?
          Check it's still connected at the sensor. It's on the oil cooler housing towards the rear, back from the oil filter and a little lower if I remember correctly. A little difficult to see because of exhaust.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by gwyn
            Going back a few years [yes I’m old]

And if memory is correct the it could be driven by resistance if so then if you were to take off the wire and short to earth it should go to max on the gauge and min when left open circuit. Ask around before you try it out just in case [no g/tee with this advice]
            Correct.

Nev

Comment

Working...
            X