Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carl-P
    Hiya Joe.

Yes it is Craig its going to at the old Cartlidges yard, he must be well known it seems for 4x4s eh
    He said its no big affair and he can get it sorted as soon as he pulls the driveshafts out n sees exactly whats what.
    Currently im driving it to hartford (Northwich) n back daily which is doing my head in with the noise and vibration with this problem the truck has.
    He seemed sure the offside hub was locking on, although id agree with what ive read on here i wouldnt be supprised if the diff is goosed somehow too, it clunks and clangs, whuurs away and locks up at daft times, esp in 4WD.
    I can strip bikes and bike engines all day for fun but pulling the driveshafts out time again trying to find fault is beyond fun. Its somewhat annoying lol.

Im new to 4x4 offroading btw, i used to be a member of the (TRF/ Trail Riders Fellowship) and go all over the show sinking my old Honda XR600 for fun, but i wasnt always familiar with the 4x4s.
    Occasionaly tho i did help one or two out of the rutts in Derbyshire on the green lanes, especially Sillydale, i couldnt believe anyone would walk a dog down there (even tho i rode a bike down n up it) nevermind a landrover. Honestly 50 degree inverts n 2 blokes kneedeep in crud wondering if theyll ever see their landrover on tarmac ever again without having to dismantle it n carry it to the top in bits.
    Im told of a quarry at Rochdale thats 3/4 dry, do you know of it and go there atall?

Cheers Carl

Ps live not far from Wheatsheaf
    Quarry near Rochdale??? there's a few. We went Haslingdon/Ding quarry a few weeks back... there's loads of pics and stuff in the off road and greenlaning section (search "Haslingdon").. We were kicked out by police after a while though... not supposed to be there apparantly! - Wheatsheaf.. is that a pub or a place??? never heard of it personally!!.. I might see u on your jaunts to northwich and back.. I work in Knutsford so use the M56/A556 route daily 08.45-09.15 and 17.30-18.00 Give us a flash and wave if you see me... Reg K910 ODM, Pic Below
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joe112; 14 February 2006, 17:44.
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Im an hour before you atleast each way mate, non the less if i do see you by chance at them times ill give you a wave

Wheatsheafs a pub, opposite George n Dragon near the Cresta Hotel on A56.

Comment

Working...
      X