No announcement yet.

Little box under the drivers seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a green colour, metal. Turned the radio on the other day, pulled all the wires out made no difference. started the motor did the same no difference. Beats the f*** out of me what it is. Thinking if it does nothing in a true clarkson style, it might be costing me an extra £1 a year in fuel to carry it around!!!
    i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
      it's a green colour, metal. Turned the radio on the other day, pulled all the wires out made no difference. started the motor did the same no difference. Beats the f*** out of me what it is. Thinking if it does nothing in a true clarkson style, it might be costing me an extra £1 a year in fuel to carry it around!!!

Jim
      Ive got a box under my seat too! sure i read on here someplace that its to do with the locking.

My Truk has auto locking which means you have to be very careful!

I will bring it round and you can check to see if its the same as yours.

Have you got a new seat sorted?
      Al
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        ECU is usually behind the glove box methinks. Could be turbo timer or alarm doodah (sorry to be so technical).
        ECU is passenger side footwell behind left hand facia panel.
        Box under my seat has sandwiches in it.

Comment

I've got one of those too

I haven't figured it out either.

Pete

Comment

Are you fighting with the wife or in-laws?...
            they could be planning to get rid of you...

I would tread carefully...

Comment

government spy instrumentation is my guess.

they've been hunting me for years, but i'm not dumb, i know that the lottery ticket that i bought on saturday had the so called winning numbers on it, but you go there thinking they gonna give you a nice fat cheque, but they don't.....its just a cruel ruse to run tests on you, so i burned it....they aint gonna get me man, i'm well onto them....gotta go, they got their spiders watching us, take care and don't trust those girls who just wanna play docs n nurses, they spies too....stick to the fat ugly ones, they're the only ones who don't wanna microchip ya...thats what my fat ugly girlfriend says anyway...
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

You should wrap your surf in foil immediately to stop them from broadcasting directly into your brain.

I have a mysterious box under my passenger seat. Looks like a power amp to me.

Comment

no need, all those broadcasts can be automatically wiped out as long as you walk backwards down every 6th flight of stairs you use and say the 9 times table up til 100X9 twice weekly while kneeling in front of the surf with the sidelights and spots on and heater fan set to max heat on first blower setting on front heater and cold and low blow on rear heater and use WD40 to fry your eggs.

but make sure you use a square frying pan though...thats the part where people make the mistake you see...
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

deffo a r/c/l interface. got same box on mine and had remote alarm wired into it when i had new alarm immob fitted. apparently it means you dont need a secondary motor fitted in passenger door either (£50 saved)
                    Ian

Comment

Been looking at the little box again, pen and paper in hand. Wrote down all the numbers that were on the side of it. I put these numbers into gooooooogle to see what it came up with. Goooooogle says it's a coffee machine!!! A COFFEE MACHINE, even i can tell is not one of those.
                      So still no futher forward.
                      i like it muddy!

Comment

Sell it on eBay as a coffee machine for a Toyota Surf.
                        Some idiot will buy it, someone bid for a cracked 2.4 cylinder head fer chrissakes!!!

Comment

i've got a box under my seat, WOW coffee on the go
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

little box

a coffee maker with an aeriel socket, this is just the sort of gadget that will sell on flea-bay. Once you sell it, what will you fill the space with??
                            I am currently selling a Magic Tree air freshner with an AV connection, any offers anybody.

Comment

the little black box under my drivers seat is for the central locking. mine has the buttons on the key
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

little green box

hi all i have a 2.4 92 ver auto
                                yes i to found the green box under drivers seat,the power cable to it had been cut,found it was some sort of aerial reciver with a tuner built in,the same you would find in any tv modulator(thats the square plate )
                                regards Richard

Comment

Working...
                                X