What I learned today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I learned today

Thanks to all who have replied to my questions about my 2.4..Bought truck..runs like cr*p,Smokes,skips,no power.Checked turbo..full of oil,lots of end play.Replaced turbo,still runs like cr*p. Pulled head..several cracks,figured I might as well check rings while I,m in here.Piston rings worn so bad they were actually dished at the ring land!!.Replaced head(New),replaced rings,bearings,cam belt.Fixed fuel leak at throttle shaft of injection pump...Still runs like cr*p!!After way too many hours of work and tons of head scratching my Dad suggests possible bad fuel.Hooked up a bottle of fuel to injection pump.....Runs perfect!! Further investigation reveals rusted line on top of fuel tank!!So injection pump was sucking air causing crazy running and lots of smoke!!Fixed line ,road test,now I have a sweet running 2.4! Thanks again for all your help....

Originally posted by cruisermad
    Thanks to all who have replied to my questions about my 2.4..Bought truck..runs like cr*p,Smokes,skips,no power.Checked turbo..full of oil,lots of end play.Replaced turbo,still runs like cr*p. Pulled head..several cracks,figured I might as well check rings while I,m in here.Piston rings worn so bad they were actually dished at the ring land!!.Replaced head(New),replaced rings,bearings,cam belt.Fixed fuel leak at throttle shaft of injection pump...Still runs like cr*p!!After way too many hours of work and tons of head scratching my Dad suggests possible bad fuel.Hooked up a bottle of fuel to injection pump.....Runs perfect!! Further investigation reveals rusted line on top of fuel tank!!So injection pump was sucking air causing crazy running and lots of smoke!!Fixed line ,road test,now I have a sweet running 2.4! Thanks again for all your help....
    Hi Cruisermad.

Sounds like you've had a s**t load of problems. Dont you hate it when your dad is right I hope the old girl runs well from now on and you have plenty of surfing fun. Den

Comment

after all that work at least you have got a truck that should last a while
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Your truck is good for at least another 15 years now mate! As has been said before - it is sorted now. Thanks for posting your experience. It might save someone else the hassle you have been through.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X