Rear exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear exhaust

Ok driving home today the rear bit of the rear box fell off from my exhaust. After reading around it looks like the bit thats the extra silencer people talk about on the 2.4 auto. Question is im broke and cant afford to replace it yet looking at quotes of 119.00 to replace. Can i drive the truck without this bit fitted if so whats the risk of damage? whats the legal implications ?

Please help a desperate caaw
    Last edited by caaw; 25 January 2006, 18:21.

I think the back box is just a resonator. It might be cheaper to get it cut off and have an independant exhaust fitters weld a pipe on. If you get them to make it exit just behind the back wheel you will cure the problem of squashing the tailpaipe when going down large bumps.

Every cloud has a silver lining
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I have had a stainles steel twin 3" back section made up for £130. all in,
      there are no rear baffles just the centre box.
      No difference in fuel or noise level, but when I accelerate it sounds a bit like a jet engine.
      It dosen't accelerate any quicker but I have got 99 MPH top end, but it took forever to get there, I have got road tyres on though.
      I like Orientals

Comment

I meant to mention when I had it MOT'd, I asked would it pass an MOT if I chopped the tail section off just behind the centre box, and put a down turn chrome tail peice on the end, would it be leagal?

He said as long as it is not noisy it would be fine.
        I like Orientals

Comment

have a look here http://www.jetex.co.uk/index.php may be of some help

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
            I meant to mention when I had it MOT'd, I asked would it pass an MOT if I chopped the tail section off just behind the centre box, and put a down turn chrome tail peice on the end, would it be leagal?

He said as long as it is not noisy it would be fine.

NOT noisy????
            So all the Saxos, Corsas, Astras, Clios and Cavaliers and all other Chav mobiles have no M.O.Ts.??

Comment

Working...
            X