Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking air con/oil rad. HELP!

Hi all

I'm losing a lot of water from horizontal rad under the skid plate at the front of my 93' 2.4 SSRX. Firstly, is this an air-con or oil rad? An earlier post here seems to point to an air con rad? and secondly where the hell do I get a used one to replace it? The engine coolant is empty within a few hours of filling. The leak is faster with the engine running, and air con off (which made me presume it wasn't an air con rad but oil coolant?)

Can anyone adivse about finding a replacement rad? Who to go to in the south? etc.

Any help is much appreciated folks!

Cheers.
    www.pictureboxuk.com
    www.lucyblueparker.com

Originally posted by Tee Surf
    Hi all

I'm losing a lot of water from horizontal rad under the skid plate at the front of my 93' 2.4 SSRX. Firstly, is this an air-con or oil rad? An earlier post here seems to point to an air con rad? and secondly where the hell do I get a used one to replace it? The engine coolant is empty within a few hours of filling. The leak is faster with the engine running, and air con off (which made me presume it wasn't an air con rad but oil coolant?)

Can anyone adivse about finding a replacement rad? Who to go to in the south? etc.

Any help is much appreciated folks!

Cheers.

1 - Yep it is a Air con Rad

2 - I have one!!

I have stripped my air con stuff off the van so have all the pipes, rad, bolts etc.

You can have anything you need off it - Not sure how would get it to you, Postage could be expensive???
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

are you sure you got water coming outof the aircon rad and not just running through it? theres a load of pipes just above the rad much more likely to have water in than there being much in the aircon...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
        1 - Yep it is a Air con Rad

2 - I have one!!

I have stripped my air con stuff off the van so have all the pipes, rad, bolts etc.

You can have anything you need off it - Not sure how would get it to you, Postage could be expensive???

Van??!!

Comment

I agree with Chillitt, it's far more likely that the leak is somewhere above the radiator and it is running through the air con rad. Air con rad contains a small amount of oil and a lot of pressurised gas so it's unlikely you'd see that leaking. The heater pipes run down the drivers side of the engine - could be one of those leaking
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Could also be the condensation if you are rrunning the A/C at the moment. It runs down and exits from under the car just behind he rear passenger side of the A/C Rad. There will be an awfull lot of condensation produced at this time of the year by the A/C system because the air is so damp.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Van??!!

Thats the second time you got me for that!!

I blame spell checker!!

Comment

If your front doors are the only side windows on your truck, then it's o.k.

Comment

If your front doors are the only side windows on your truck, then it's o.k.

they are all blacked out... does that count??
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by joe112; 23 January 2006, 18:01.

Comment

hey! nice van!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                      they are all blacked out... does that count??

Nope!

Comment

Van??!!
                        Did he say VAN again he needs a slap
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

I'll see if I can get some help to check if it's the actual rad or if it's one of the water pipes running above it in the engine, and the waters simply running through the rad. Got a service booked next week so I'll ask the guy to take a look at it while he's there.

Joe, I'll do a bit more investigating as to where this s0ddin water is coming from, and if it's the rad, then I might be back in touch.

Cheers guys.
                          www.pictureboxuk.com
                          www.lucyblueparker.com

Comment

I'd say there is a good chance the Water Pump is leaking. Get a pressure test done on the cooling system and this will reveal all.

Nev

Comment

id say so too nev this is what happened to mine the 2 days before our weekender to salisbury!!!
                              if you take the bash plate off and unbolt the aircon rad you will get a small amount of movement to see over the top if it with a torch. if the front of the engine is wet you can bet its your water pump...
                              Fortunately for me The Vagrants got me going again and I made the weekend which was great!
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X