Dormant surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dormant surf

Im looking to buy a surf which has been sat for around 6 months. I jump started it today seemed to be fine idling and not smokey or any rattles. Also had a drive and all electrics and gearbox seemed fine. Just wondering if there is anything particular I should be looking for as I'm no expert. James

Mine sat for five months and as ive been working away and i just jumped in her started her up and of we went no problems apart from a bit of rust on the brake discs which disapered after a couple times of braking.

I think a lot of people underestimate the hilux as they are tough as old boots.

Bit if you decide to buy it best to give it a oil and filter change and good service and im sure it would be fine if you have checked like you would if buying any other vehicle
    They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

Comment

and make sure the tryes havent grown a flat spot or perished
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        and make sure the tryes havent grown a flat spot or perished
        Cheers for the help, tyres all need replacing anyway, thinking about BF Goodrich A/T's unless anyway knows of any good alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by jcuff86
          Cheers for the help, tyres all need replacing anyway, thinking about BF Goodrich A/T's unless anyway knows of any good alternatives?
          I reccommend BFG's if you have the cash.
          Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
          X