turbo light and wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo light and wheel spacers

Hi, couple of questions for anyone who can help, I have a 92 ssrx surf. On the instrument panel there is a small green light with turbo written over it. When i turn the key to start the engine it turns on then goes out when the engine is started, it does not light up again at any time.
    Is this light just to confirm that the turbo is in working order or should it come on when the turbo kicks in? I can hear the turbo spinning when i rev it on the drive.
    Secondly, i'm considering putting some wheel spacers on the truck to give it a bit more character. Does fitting spacers have any negative impact to the driving/mpg/handling and will it put any undue strain on vehicle itself?
    Thanks gents
    SI. G

not sure on the spacers, but the light should come on when the turbo kicks in. mine does anyway.
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by SI.G
      Does fitting spacers have any negative impact to the driving/mpg/handling and will it put any undue strain on vehicle itself?
      Thanks gents
      They will improve the handling (well they did mine) but have have hasten the demise of your current wheel bearings if they are dodgy.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        They will improve the handling (well they did mine) but have have hasten the demise of your current wheel bearings if they are dodgy.

Trev
        It isn't exactly a rocket ship but would it not be obvious if my turbo was not working? It can be quite sluggish but uphill and when its cold. Is there any way I can check it?
        SI. G

Comment

Well mines not working & it's sooooo ****** obvious!!

Comment

Wheel Spacers - Get Em! -will improve turning circle and all round handling both on an off road. Be careful which ones you get, do a search and all wuestions will be answered!!

Turbo light - Should come on with ignition as you describe but should also come on when the turbo is being used, virtually all the time if above 2000rpm. It would be very obvious if the turbo wasn't working, but probably only if you were used to a surf with a working turbo.. no help at all i know!!

when driving along you should be able to hear a faint whistle of the turbo when it kicks in

to test it, get on a good straight road, cruise at about 30 at low revs, the turbo won't be in gear.. then floor it this should activate the kick down in the auto box and when you get up to speed (the engine stops reving through the gears) (about 65-70mph) you should hear the turbo whistle

hope this helps!
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Also if your green turbo light dosen't come on, check that this sensor is plugged in.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Also if your green turbo light dosen't come on, check that this sensor is plugged in.
                Another new avatar, Vince? Too much spare time!
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

No work today, been laying floor tiles in my kitchen, so can't go out there for a while. Should have brought the tea making equipment into the lounge. D'oh!!

p.s. That's a 'Vince' in my avatar too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    No work today, been laying floor tiles in my kitchen, so can't go out there for a while. Should have brought the tea making equipment into the lounge. D'oh!!

p.s. That's a 'Vince' in my avatar too!
                    As in Vincent Vega! Didn't he win that dancing competition with Mrs. Mia Wallis in Pulp Fiction?

Too much time on my hands also!
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
                    X