no central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no central locking

over the moon with my new surf j reg ssr just been imported genuine 58,000 miles drives like new, only thing that bugs me is why did they not put central locking on this model have to lock and unlock doors seperately never mind 1 less thing to go wrong i suppose can i have it fitted do u think.?

You should have central locking. Is there a 'door lock' button next to the electric window switches?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      You should have central locking. Is there a 'door lock' button next to the electric window switches?
      dont think so chap no electric windows either got air con though

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyblue
        dont think so chap no electric windows either got air con though
        like your stereo dude got 1 for mine looks a pain to fit though.

Comment

If you aint got central locking or electric windows me thinks somethings wrong a picture of the drivers door arm rest would be good.
          It should have door lock/unlock, 4 window buttons, window lock button??? is the rear window OK??
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            If you aint got central locking or electric windows me thinks somethings wrong a picture of the drivers door arm rest would be good.
            It should have door lock/unlock, 4 window buttons, window lock button??? is the rear window OK??
            yes koi rear window works fine air con ok elec sunroof fine but deffo no elec windows or central locking will post pic of arm rest.

Comment

yes koi rear window works fine air con ok elec sunroof fine but deffo no elec windows or central locking will post pic of arm rest.
              spec is 1991 j reg imported 2 months ago its a standard ssr. elec mirrors air coc elec back window and elec sunroof all work fine but no central locking or elec windows.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jonnyblue; 19 January 2006, 11:10.

Comment

spec is 1991 j reg imported 2 months ago its a standard ssr. elec mirrors air coc elec back window and elec sunroof all work fine but no central locking or elec windows.
                the buttons shown are for elec mirrors.

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought even the lowest spec SSR had electric windows and central locking. Also thought the SSR was dropped around 89/90ish for the SSR Ltd which became the base model.
                  Can honestly say I have never seen a J reg SSR, may be at somepoint its had the doors changed??????????????????
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                    I may be wrong but I thought even the lowest spec SSR had electric windows and central locking. Also thought the SSR was dropped around 89/90ish for the SSR Ltd which became the base model.
                    Can honestly say I have never seen a J reg SSR, may be at somepoint its had the doors changed??????????????????

Yeah, that could be a rear door arm rest.

Comment

why would they put arm rest with elec mirrors in rear.?

Comment

why would they put front door rest with elec mirror contols in rear ?

Comment

I heard you the first time!

As Koi said, the doors could have been changed and a rear door arm rest was used on the front.

Comment

As Koi said, the doors could have been changed and a rear door arm rest was used on the front.
                            yes but your missing the point rear door armrests dont have controls for elec mirrors and nothings been changed or modified on this vehicle sorry about the double post chap.

Comment

............................ Here is a pic of my rear door rest, and it looks remarkably like your front arm rest!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X