over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating

i have just replaceed my head i have the 2.4 desel cos my head was puras!!! and every thing was fine,now it over heated on me luckily i sore the temp going up so i let it cool down !put a pint off water in and its fine at the mo!ther seems to be a lot off presher in the pipes?can i put an eder tank on it as i think it is air loking?thanks rick.

Originally posted by rlg
    i have just replaceed my head i have the 2.4 desel cos my head was puras!!! and every thing was fine,now it over heated on me luckily i sore the temp going up so i let it cool down !put a pint off water in and its fine at the mo!ther seems to be a lot off presher in the pipes?can i put an eder tank on it as i think it is air loking?thanks rick.

Where's my Enigma' machine?

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER]Where's my Enigma' machine? [/QUO

enigma machine?

Comment

Originally posted by rlg

Sorry dude, I though there was an encrypted text in there somewhere.

Anyway, you should have a header/overflow tank already!
        Let the engine cool right down, over night is good, then remove the rad cap, make sure your heater is set to hot including the rear heater if you have one, start engine and let it warm up while watching and topping up the coolant level. When the temperature gauge starts to move up, replace the rad cap and that should cure the air lock.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Sorry dude, I though there was an encrypted text in there somewhere.

Anyway, you should have a header/overflow tank already!
          Let the engine cool right down, over night is good, then remove the rad cap, make sure your heater is set to hot including the rear heater if you have one, start engine and let it warm up while watching and topping up the coolant level. When the temperature gauge starts to move up, replace the rad cap and that should cure the air lock.
          ok thanks i will give that a go!

Comment

next time the sytem is emptied make sure you....

Turn heater on full and let the engine run till its warm,,make sure the thermostat has opened then keep adding water,,,,there ya go ,,,also if the head has just be done do not i repeat do not use anti freeze for the first 100km's or so,,,,do this and your head gasket will seat in properly(if anti is used the head gasket may not seal correctly and over time will have to be fixed ....

Comment

They can a bit of a pig to get all the air out. From cold make sure both heaters are set to hot, take off rad cap and fill as required. Put cap back on and run engine for a minute giving a couple blips on the gas. Turn off, top up as required, repeat this a few times until it wont take no more coolant. Take for a quick spin, allow to cool and check level again.
              Make sure from cold expansion bottle only has a couple of inches of coolant in it, there is a level mark on the side of the bottle.
              Check levels for a couple of days and make sure both heaters are getting hot.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Working...
              X