Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water temp senders 2L-TE

Quick question on my 2L-TE if anyone has any advice:

I installed my mechanical temp gauge in the my truck last week, expecting a dead gauge in my dash. To my surprise, when I started running the truck I was getting a reading from both the stock and the aftermarket gauges. After a careful look at the wiring diagram for my LJ78, I discovered that there are two senders - one for the gauge and one for the ECU pollution control. Looks like I disconnected the latter.

Does anyone know how critical this reading is to engine operation? The truck seems to run fine and EGT readings are unchanged. I'm mostly concerned about overfueling at low speeds or underfueling at higher speeds.

I'll probably swap the sender back in but I was just curious if anyone had any insight into this issue.

Cheers,
    Robin
    '90 JDM LJ78 Prado

There are two sensors on the thermostat housing as you say. If the factory gauge is still working then you probably removed the sensor for the air con condenser fan. The ECU sensor is in a different position. This is on the rear section of the block. See pic.

Nev

Comment

Air Con Sensor

Temp Gauge Sensor

Nev

Comment

Right on...thanks for the reply. You guys know your s__t.

Robin
        '90 JDM LJ78 Prado

Comment

Working...
        X