Air intake turbo flap thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air intake turbo flap thing

Can anyone show me a photo of where this flap valve in the air intake is??

I think it may be the cause of my lack of power probs as the turbo light isn't coming on either

Thanx

Flap??? Not sure what you mean, or what you've been told.

Make sure the sensor (arrowed in pic) is plugged into the air filter outlet, as this is required for the turbo to get it's signal from the ECU.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanx for the reply

Just checked that today & is ok - I read a post somewhere on here about a valve which shuts of the air supply to the turbo, I think it said it was controlled by the EGR, it just although I can hear the turbo spinning on acceleration the light doesn't come on & there is no power.

I've done the crimping the pipe mod for the EGR but was going to check that this valve (?) hadn't stuck shut.

Comment

Hang on a minute, Vince....

You've got a '92 2.4, same as me, so howcome you've got a hoofing great intercooler?? S'not fair.... I want one!!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Last edited by TonyN; 24 December 2005, 23:51. Reason: I'm a drunk fool...........
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Junks
            Thanx for the reply

Just checked that today & is ok - I read a post somewhere on here about a valve which shuts of the air supply to the turbo, I think it said it was controlled by the EGR, it just although I can hear the turbo spinning on acceleration the light doesn't come on & there is no power.

I've done the crimping the pipe mod for the EGR but was going to check that this valve (?) hadn't stuck shut.
            Your thinking of the turbo pressure actuator and waste gate, its a valve that controls the turbo pressure, the round thing on the side of the turbo, that has a rod going to a flap in the turbo exhaust side. It controlled by vacuum on the inlet side, as the pressure increases, the waste gate opens to avoid over pressure. It it is jammed shut, you should get the red turbo light on on the dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Thats not a 2.4!! he's been stealing pics again!!

Suffering succotash!!!!

Doh!!
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                Suffering succotash!!!!

Doh!!
                I take that back, it looks like it is actually!

Doh! to much xmas eve beer!!!!

Comment

Thats not a 2.4!! he's been stealing pics again!!

Ahem! It is a 2.4, yes I have been "borrowing" photos, 'cos I need a decent digi camera, and here are some more "borrowed" photos of a intercooled 2.4

http://www.hiluxsurf.net/index1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Ahem! It is a 2.4, yes I have been "borrowing" photos, 'cos I need a decent digi camera, and here are some more "borrowed" photos of a intercooled 2.4

http://www.hiluxsurf.net/index1.htm
                    see my post above..........

Comment

Haha! too late Tony, I already saw it before you "doctored" it

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Haha! too late Tony, I already saw it before you "doctored" it
                        Time to stagger back to the lounge, and watch Father Ted Xmas special!

Comment

Your thinking of the turbo pressure actuator and waste gate, its a valve that controls the turbo pressure, the round thing on the side of the turbo, that has a rod going to a flap in the turbo exhaust side. It controlled by vacuum on the inlet side, as the pressure increases, the waste gate opens to avoid over pressure. It it is jammed shut, you should get the red turbo light on on the dashboard.

Hi Tony

Not sure which bit I'm thinking of but no red or green light - they are both on with ignition tho

Comment

Working...
                          X