X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various questions :)

Hello again all,

I have been saving up the questions this time, so here goes:

1) Could anyone say what size grease nipples I need for the front wheels, to get her greased up? ( I can fair imagine all the puns this will bring forth ).

2) I am about to do an oil and filter change, and was thinking of popping a slightly thicker oil in than the standard 10/30. Which would most say is preferable/better: 10/40, 10/50, 15/40 or other?

3) Would anyone around the South Yorkshire area happen to have a passenger side rear wheel arch which is surplus to requirements and for sale? The closer to Barnsley the better.

Cheers,

Matt

1- greasing the front wheels??

um, just get grease gun sized ones??

(have i mis-read that one?)

2- 10w/40 seems like a popular one...

3- do you mean a body panel or a wide arch plastic attachment / bodykit... chaosindevon needed one the other week, not sure what he came up with, might be worth a PM?
    Last edited by da SLUG man; 21 December 2005, 01:29.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Why are you being secretive as to what Surf you have?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        1- greasing the front wheels??

um, just get grease gun sized ones??

(have i mis-read that one?)

2- 10w/40 seems like a popular one...

3- do you mean a body panel or a wide arch plastic attachment / bodykit... chaosindevon needed one the other week, not sure what he came up with, might be worth a PM?

Apologies for the vagueness. I meant the thread size of the grease nipples. Got confronted with a box containing about 20 different threads when I asked at the local motor spares

The fibreglass wheel arch extension. Terrible when your mind knows what you mean, but your fingers cock it up on the keyboard

2.4td, BTW.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Apologies for the vagueness. I meant the thread size of the grease nipples. Got confronted with a box containing about 20 different threads when I asked at the local motor spares

Matt

I also meant to say the ball joints, not the wheels. Do you ever have the feeling you should keep away from the keyboard

Matt

Comment

I also meant to say the ball joints, not the wheels. Do you ever have the feeling you should keep away from the keyboard

Matt
            M6 thread. I use straight in the top and 45 deg in bottom.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              M6 thread. I use straight in the top and 45 deg in bottom.

Nev

Cheers for the info everyone.

Whilst I am at it, just one further question if I might? Filters - have noticed that the prices at the local motor spares differ quite a bit from that of Milner's, (Milner's being the cheapest by a fair way). Are the Milner's filters of the same quality as say, for example, the Unipart or Fram filters? Just trying to get an idea whether they are damned good bargains from Milner's, or whether the spec may differ somewhat. (I will find more useful things to contemplate about someday).

Cheers once again,

Matt

Comment

Milners oil filters don't have the non-return valve that the genuine Toyota filter does. Roughtrax sell genuine Toyota. Having said that, I use Milners filters without any problems. Still have two ready for next couple of oil changes.
                Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                  Milners oil filters don't have the non-return valve that the genuine Toyota filter does. Roughtrax sell genuine Toyota. Having said that, I use Milners filters without any problems. Still have two ready for next couple of oil changes.

Obviously not a detrimental difference then. Cheers for the info. (I'm sure the 2.4 paranoia of this site is beginning to have its effect on me).

Matt

Comment

Obviously not a detrimental difference then. Cheers for the info. (I'm sure the 2.4 paranoia of this site is beginning to have its effect on me).

Matt
                    try your local main dealer you mite get a nice supprise mine match the prices quoted by milners and rough trax i got a bottom pulley for a whole £1.00 cheaper and the loan of a tool to lock the crank up with .
                    but i still cann't get the pulley off
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                    X