turbo/pressure pipes/switches picture needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo/pressure pipes/switches picture needed

Has anyone got a picture of the positions of the pressure switches and associated tubes please? taken from passenger side under bonnet with little arrows would be nice! Ta.

For what truck???????
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      For what truck???????
      What a ****! Sorry!
      LN130 2.4TD SSR with LTE fuel pump. I think the HP switch is faulty so I want to link it out but don't know which it is.
      Last edited by cr15; 15 December 2005, 17:09.

Comment

Heres the Vacuum pipes
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Heres the Vacuum pipes
          He's got a EFI motor, the soloniod setup is quite a bit different, I'll snap some pics of Charlies motor tomorrow.

Comment

He's got a EFI motor, the soloniod setup is quite a bit different, I'll snap some pics of Charlies motor tomorrow.
            Thanks mate, well spotted.

Comment

Hi i hope someone can help? I have a Toyota Hilux Surf SSR Limited LN130 2.4TD on 1990/G plate but the engine has been replaced a few years ago with a 1997 engine i believe!.
              The vacuum pipes have been altered to get it through emissions test, since
              then it has been really sluggish especially from cold.
              I have compared the picture to my engine and some of the pipes are connected differently.
              I have attached some pictures of my engine below, can anyone tell me if this picture of turbo/pressure switch pipework is for my engine ?.

Many Thanks
              Dave.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by stillwater; 18 December 2005, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by stillwater
                Hi i hope someone can help? I have a Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X LN130 2.4TD on 1990/G plate but the engine has been replaced a few years ago with a 1993 engine i believe!.
                The vacuum pipes have been altered to get it through emissions test, since
                then it has been really sluggish especially from cold.
                I have compared the picture to my engine and some of the pipes are connected differently.
                I have attached some pictures of my engine below, can anyone tell me if this picture of turbo/pressure switch pipework is for my engine ?.

Many Thanks
                Dave.
                I suggest the best thing to do is find another member close to you with the same engine (2L-T) and compare the vacuum hose connections. If you have the non electronic pump with throttle cable and TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) connected to pump then the TPS may be faulty.

Nev

Comment

Stillwater, your motor should be the same as the pics Marky posted.

Comment

Stillwater, your motor should be the same as the pics Marky posted.
                    Many thanks for your help and NiftyNev found the inlet manifold from my old engine which was buried but all still there, engine was replaced a few year ago as said in my first post, because it seized due to throwing a crank bearing shell. could of rebuilt i suppose! but opted for a repacement engine at the time.

Anyway as i said, dug out the old inlet manifold and to my supprise found that there were some parts on it which wernt on my surf and with the help of the diagram supplied by Marky was an exact match for what i needed to do.

So proceeded to dismantle my pipework to the pressure switch's in order to rectify the problem. followed the diagram and all went back as it should all pipes connected to the right places!!

Took it up the road for a quick test and noticed a definate improvement more responsive engine and better at pulling away and did'nt see much in the way of smoke coming out the exaust

will do some more testing to be sure but all looks very well at the moment.

attached a pic of the spare inlet manifold that i robbed a few bits from like the formed pipework on the right of the manifold! and swop a few swithch's

Many Thanks to all
                    Attached Files

Comment

All very interesting but I still need a picture of the LTE layout. Pretty please?

Comment

Will these help?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                          Will these help?

Nev
                          Nice red X's !!

Cut and paste them in a new window to view, then they'll show up in the thread.

Comment

Nice red X's !!

Cut and paste them in a new window to view, then they'll show up in the thread.
                            What X's? I see the pics both in my post and yours.??????

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                              What X's? I see the pics both in my post and yours.??????

Nev
                              Sorry Nev, I don't see the pics either. CR15

Comment

Working...
                              X