Most Bizzare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Bizzare

Help, my first post and its about a problem! Last night whilst reversing into my parking space the temp gauge and the battery meter went off! The temp went to cold and the battery showed zero volts, yet the car was still running. I parked up for the night. Also when I opened the door the buzzer that alerts me that the key is till in the ignition began to sound even though the engine was still running. Today when I went to use it the only warning light on the dashboard that came on was the battery symbol. The car starts ok but I cannot engage it in to gear (auto box). Any clues???
    Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Originally posted by Doc Martin
    Help, my first post and its about a problem! Last night whilst reversing into my parking space the temp gauge and the battery meter went off! The temp went to cold and the battery showed zero volts, yet the car was still running. I parked up for the night. Also when I opened the door the buzzer that alerts me that the key is till in the ignition began to sound even though the engine was still running. Today when I went to use it the only warning light on the dashboard that came on was the battery symbol. The car starts ok but I cannot engage it in to gear (auto box). Any clues???

hi some one mentioned b4 about checking your brake lights cause if 1 has blown then you won't get it in gear hope this helps
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

alternator voltage regulator's gone...

probably blown the fuses.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        hi some one mentioned b4 about checking your brake lights cause if 1 has blown then you won't get it in gear hope this helps
        Well checked brake lights and one was blown Used 'The Red Button' to get gearshift out of park and went to Halfords and replaced bulb, however summat else has probably gone as all the dials (inc. speedo & rev counter) and warning lights still don't work along with the heater fan! Well at least I can still drive it so another trip to my friendly mechanic tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Martin
          Well checked brake lights and one was blown Used 'The Red Button' to get gearshift out of park and went to Halfords and replaced bulb, however summat else has probably gone as all the dials (inc. speedo & rev counter) and warning lights still don't work along with the heater fan! Well at least I can still drive it so another trip to my friendly mechanic tomorrow

have you checked all the fuses under the bonnet and the drivers side footwell
          to see if any more have blown
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            have you checked all the fuses under the bonnet and the drivers side footwell
            to see if any more have blown
            I've checked the ones under the bonnet but not the footwell, 'fraid was getting cold and dark but now I've warmed up I'll grab me torch, many thanks.
            Yep so easy when you know where to look!! Found a couple of the buggers had blown. Many thanks for the pointers, may have saved me phoning in sick tomorrow to sort it!
            Last edited by Doc Martin; 11 December 2005, 18:15.

Comment

Working...
            X