Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front heaters

front heaters wont work ? they do blow cold air but not heat
    the back heaters work well ....any ideas ...
    Last edited by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91; 7 December 2005, 22:40.
    zacco

Check the cable is still attached to the heater valve on the bulkhead, and that it moves when you move the heat lever.

Otherwise the matrix is blocked, you have a big air lock or its low on water.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Check the cable is still attached to the heater valve on the bulkhead, and that it moves when you move the heat lever.

Otherwise the matrix is blocked, you have a big air lock or its low on water.

Checked the cable is attached to the heater valve and it does move when you move the heat lever... there is ample water.....so
      A... wot is the matrix and ?
      B how to solve the air lock ?
      zacco

Comment

Re

Mine done the exact same!

When I took it to the local garage they found that the whole matrix was full of all sorts of "gunk" and the water wasn't circulating properly!

They flushed it was industrial strength solvent and kept stuffing a power hose up it until it stopped running dirty!

This took all day, it was so bunged up!

Now it is REALLY hot and seems to be fixed although I cannot seem to get the back heater working yet!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE FOR THE BACK HEATER PLEASE TELL!

Maybe it has a seperate matrix that needs to be cleaned?

Get it FULLY flushed and cleaned first!

Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE FOR THE BACK HEATER PLEASE TELL!

Maybe it has a seperate matrix that needs to be cleaned?

Gary
          Yeah it is, if your big matrix was blocked the smaller rear one is probably to. Its under the middle arm rest. But the hoses go from near the 'stat housing, and under the car.

Zacco, the matrix is behind the dash, the hoses come througth the bulkhead and in to the engine bay. Pull the hose off from the heater valve and the out pipe from the matrix (under a foam wrap right of the turbo along side the rocker cover, and stick a hose in it and try to clean it out. Flush from both sides to help clear it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Yeah it is, if your big matrix was blocked the smaller rear one is probably to. Its under the middle arm rest. But the hoses go from near the 'stat housing, and under the car.

Zacco, the matrix is behind the dash, the hoses come througth the bulkhead and in to the engine bay. Pull the hose off from the heater valve and the out pipe from the matrix (under a foam wrap right of the turbo along side the rocker cover, and stick a hose in it and try to clean it out. Flush from both sides to help clear it.

thanks tony ...but a few questions to go with it .... lol

have n e body got n e pictures for this ?

is it a diy job ? and where will the water go to when flushin?

and any ideas to industrial strength solvent for the flush

thanks all for the great info
            zacco

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
              thanks tony ...but a few questions to go with it .... lol

have n e body got n e pictures for this ?

is it a diy job ? and where will the water go to when flushin?

and any ideas to industrial strength solvent for the flush

thanks all for the great info
              I can reccomend central heating cleaner. Fernox do a heating reviver which is safe with ali -V Important and I believe they do test papers to check there are no nasty residues left behind
              any of the heating cleaners should do the trick but the best ones should be 'floculating' or 'floc' as these clean, hold the muck in susspension and cary it away when flushing - most of these are better circulated hot - check directions but dependant on make can be left in the system for a while. Most of these cleaners are either mildly acidic or caustic, if you need test papers to check all is clear Pm me your address & I can pop some in the post!!!!
              Free if you got a blue one.........I could charge for other colours
              hope this helps
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X