baldy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baldy

can any one help.recentlive ive had coolant and water changed and now temp gauge is weierd.takes for ever to warm up.did a 2 hour drive and gauge kept going up and down but never past half way also heaters are not good.

Originally posted by grafter
    can any one help.recentlive ive had coolant and water changed and now temp gauge is weierd.takes for ever to warm up.did a 2 hour drive and gauge kept going up and down but never past half way also heaters are not good.
    Did you bleed the coolant system of air . Both heaters on hot and run engine and keep topping up coolant by rad cap . Take for a run , let cool and then recheck coolant level by rad cap .
    Covered many times , try the search facillity and it will be covered in more depth .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

baldy

sorry coolant wasnt drained just topped up by machanic

Comment

Originally posted by grafter
        sorry coolant wasnt drained just topped up by machanic

would check level when engine is stone cold, via the rad cap and make sure the expansion bottle has only a couple of inches of coolant in it when cold.
        Sounds to me like its low on coolant or an air lock, as coolant expands or air lock moves, coolant goes past stat making needle move. Then stat is in air and needle drops and so on.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

baldy

Originally posted by Koi
          would check level when engine is stone cold, via the rad cap and make sure the expansion bottle has only a couple of inches of coolant in it when cold.
          Sounds to me like its low on coolant or an air lock, as coolant expands or air lock moves, coolant goes past stat making needle move. Then stat is in air and needle drops and so on.
          thanks for your help mate will check strait away

Comment

Working...
          X